Help with Remington parts
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Help with Remington parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Help with Remington parts

Looking for help with 2 Remington rifles the first is a Rem model 514, bolt is missing have checked Numrich, Brownells and Midway and cannot find one in stock. The second is a Rem model 572 that needs a forearm, checked all 3 places and connot find it in stock. Can anyone suggest somewhere else where i might find these parts? Both are older model rifles since neither of them has a serial number.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #2

Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Try Jack First Inc. in Rapid City, South Dakota. there Phone is (605) 343-9544.They do not have an online catalog. They are great people and should be able to help you out. If not, they can point you in the right direction.

Jim.........

Old 07-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks masterP will give them a try.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:45 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael a View Post
Looking for help with 2 Remington rifles the first is a Rem model 514, bolt is missing have checked Numrich, Brownells and Midway and cannot find one in stock. The second is a Rem model 572 that needs a forearm, checked all 3 places and connot find it in stock. Can anyone suggest somewhere else where i might find these parts? Both are older model rifles since neither of them has a serial number.

If you can't find one anywhere else try Numerich every couple of weeks - they get old guns and parts in daily.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-08-2009, 04:14 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks RL, I've wondered how often they update their website I've been looking for the bolt for the 514 for about 2 years. It was my late fathers and when i was younger i was shooting it and the bolt handle broke off. It was put up and after he passed away i found the gun but the bolt was missing and i never could find it or i would have just had a new handle put on it. Just would like to have it back in operation because it was his. Thanks again.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael a View Post
Thanks RL, I've wondered how often they update their website I've been looking for the bolt for the 514 for about 2 years. It was my late fathers and when i was younger i was shooting it and the bolt handle broke off. It was put up and after he passed away i found the gun but the bolt was missing and i never could find it or i would have just had a new handle put on it. Just would like to have it back in operation because it was his. Thanks again.
YW Michael. A few years back the firing pin on my 1970 Mossberg broke and Numerich didn't have one. I found one on a Mossberg Collectors site, but paid $25 for it. It must have been a cheapp aftermarket pin because it broke again last month. I called Numerich and ordered two...each were $12. I used to go to their plant when I lived downstate and they employ people who just disassemble old guns and catalogue parts all day. Somedays you hit it right, other days you don't! BTW, if you don't have their catalogue it's worth the $20. It has parts & pricing, assembly & parts diagrams and cross-reference data for hundreds of guns from muzzleloaders to current.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-09-2009, 12:08 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks RL thats good to know, and i do have a catalogue it's 5-6 years old but it does have alot of useful info in it. Thanks again

Old 08-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #8

Try Gunbroker.com type in model number and see what happens. Good hunting.

Semper Fi