Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Help with Remington parts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/help-remington-parts-15486/)

michael a 07-07-2009 02:00 AM

Help with Remington parts

Looking for help with 2 Remington rifles the first is a Rem model 514, bolt is missing have checked Numrich, Brownells and Midway and cannot find one in stock. The second is a Rem model 572 that needs a forearm, checked all 3 places and connot find it in stock. Can anyone suggest somewhere else where i might find these parts? Both are older model rifles since neither of them has a serial number.

masterPsmith 07-07-2009 04:31 PM

Try Jack First Inc. in Rapid City, South Dakota. there Phone is (605) 343-9544.They do not have an online catalog. They are great people and should be able to help you out. If not, they can point you in the right direction.

Jim.........

michael a 07-07-2009 11:13 PM

Thanks masterP will give them a try.

RL357Mag 07-08-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael a (Post 125817)
Looking for help with 2 Remington rifles the first is a Rem model 514, bolt is missing have checked Numrich, Brownells and Midway and cannot find one in stock. The second is a Rem model 572 that needs a forearm, checked all 3 places and connot find it in stock. Can anyone suggest somewhere else where i might find these parts? Both are older model rifles since neither of them has a serial number.

If you can't find one anywhere else try Numerich every couple of weeks - they get old guns and parts in daily.

michael a 07-08-2009 03:14 AM

Thanks RL, I've wondered how often they update their website I've been looking for the bolt for the 514 for about 2 years. It was my late fathers and when i was younger i was shooting it and the bolt handle broke off. It was put up and after he passed away i found the gun but the bolt was missing and i never could find it or i would have just had a new handle put on it. Just would like to have it back in operation because it was his. Thanks again.

RL357Mag 07-08-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael a (Post 126245)
Thanks RL, I've wondered how often they update their website I've been looking for the bolt for the 514 for about 2 years. It was my late fathers and when i was younger i was shooting it and the bolt handle broke off. It was put up and after he passed away i found the gun but the bolt was missing and i never could find it or i would have just had a new handle put on it. Just would like to have it back in operation because it was his. Thanks again.

YW Michael. A few years back the firing pin on my 1970 Mossberg broke and Numerich didn't have one. I found one on a Mossberg Collectors site, but paid $25 for it. It must have been a cheapp aftermarket pin because it broke again last month. I called Numerich and ordered two...each were $12. I used to go to their plant when I lived downstate and they employ people who just disassemble old guns and catalogue parts all day. Somedays you hit it right, other days you don't! BTW, if you don't have their catalogue it's worth the $20. It has parts & pricing, assembly & parts diagrams and cross-reference data for hundreds of guns from muzzleloaders to current.

michael a 07-08-2009 11:08 PM

Thanks RL thats good to know, and i do have a catalogue it's 5-6 years old but it does have alot of useful info in it. Thanks again

phrogmech 08-09-2009 04:40 PM

Try Gunbroker.com type in model number and see what happens. Good hunting.

Semper Fi