You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

help me and my ".22 out of a jam"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1818 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 1767

Have you gone back to the Winchester 333 HP that worked great at the beginning? Remington Thunderbolts and Golden Bullet have trouble chambering in the tight Colt/Walther chamber. Doesn't work much better in the S&W M&P15-22 either. Many say the Win 333 works great and the Federal 550 36gr value pack at Walmart. Rem GB gave me a lot of trouble in my M4-22 so I switched to the Fed 550 and no more problems.

Only real problem I've had with mine is the short front sight post but Umarex will send you a taller one for free if you call or email. This was on the basic carry handle model, they may already use the tall sight on your OPS model since it has a different rear sight. If you go with milspec height rear sights you'll likely need the tall post.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:37 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I must say I heard these are prone to jamming issues. My vote is to ship it back to the repair station, but first try for a postage-paid shipping label from Colt?

Old 08-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Break your upper open and run the spring screw in all the way with the Allen wrench provided, then buy a couple of bricks of Federal 550 bulk-pak at Wal-Mart. Run the first brick thru the rifle to smooth it out. This arm functions better the higher the round count. The chamber is TIGHT, it will not like any out-of-spec ammo. The Federal has the most consistant round size that I've found. Clean it good, making sure the chamber is cleaned real well. When loading your mags, make sure the rounds criss-cross when loaded. Spray the action after every magazine change. After using it for a brick or two your feed problems should go away....Best of Luck!! I am really enjoying mine!!!
flowerbed-001.jpg  

Last edited by rodent.22; 08-08-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:49 AM   #14

Friends don't let Friends shoot Remington 22 lr. it's junk. CCI standard velocity or mini mags are very reliable,

Old 08-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #15

Liked 1618 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Most all 22's I've shot are a little picky about ammo. I've had terrible times with Winchester or Remington stuff. Federal bulk ammo I do really well with and it's about all I use anymore. The stuff just works. THe CCI Mini Mag is pretty good stuff and I have no problem using it. I just find it easier to get a few of those 550 bulk packs and I'm good to go for a good while.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:14 AM   #16

Hoppe's oil after cleaning with solution

Old 08-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #17

thx Canebrake but I think pink is not really my color

Old 08-18-2010, 03:21 AM   #18

Default Thanks

Thanks all, great suggestions, friends and I gave the CCI mini mags a go and it seems to have solved all problems! I may still give some of the others a try for fun but CCI is probably my brand for .22 here on in

I guess I will have to by a slingshot to get rid of all those thunderbolts I got lying around

Old 08-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #19

Good to see your problems went away. Mine did the same exact thing with the remington ammo. It now shoots Federal bulk (both the blue and red box), spitfire, and CCI without a hitch.

I tried to switch back to the remington once and the first shot was a FTF and FTE.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I bought my daughter the same gun and had a ton of FTF and FTE issues.

She wanted to go pink so I accommodated her with the installation of a Ergo pink hand grip.

help me and my ".22 out of a jam" - .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion

Presto, the jamming issues completely gone!!! Maybe you should go pink?

Oh yea, at the same time of the grip swap thingie we ran out of Remington Thundercrap ammo. We bought some Blazer 22lr but I doubt that had anything to do with the jams.

Yeah! Get Some! Get Some!