You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Help me decide on sights for my 10/22


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Memphis,The volunteer state
Posts: 1,490
Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Default Help me decide on sights for my 10/22

My rear sight is broken & I'm trying to decide on which sight set (front & rear) to replace my current stock one. I'd prefer they be the same height because of my weaver see through scope mounts. Any preferences?
Scratchammo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
big shrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 1,818
Liked 754 Times on 416 Posts
Likes Given: 3958

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
My rear sight is broken & I'm trying to decide on which sight set (front & rear) to replace my current stock one. I'd prefer they be the same height because of my weaver see through scope mounts. Any preferences?
Firesights for squirrel/rabbit/crow termination

If you are going paper-punching instead of hunting, a good peep sight or scope.
__________________
Calico Specialist
Marlin Specialist
I'm not just Trigger Happy, I'm Trigger Ecstatic!!
big shrek is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 873 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo
My rear sight is broken & I'm trying to decide on which sight set (front & rear) to replace my current stock one. I'd prefer they be the same height because of my weaver see through scope mounts. Any preferences?
What would you want for your front sight off from it scratch?

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 16,304
Liked 15493 Times on 7700 Posts
Likes Given: 14597

Default

On my 10-22, I had a factory front, and Williams aperture rear. Worked well.
__________________
To the world, you may be only one person. but to one person you may be the world.

GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TRUMP
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Memphis,The volunteer state
Posts: 1,490
Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
What would you want for your front sight off from it scratch?

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
I had considered getting something a little more visible, the rear sight breaking gave me a reason to go ahead & do it.
Scratchammo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 873 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo

I had considered getting something a little more visible, the rear sight breaking gave me a reason to go ahead & do it.
Go for it. What do you want to get out of your front sight-if you want to sell/trade it that is.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Memphis,The volunteer state
Posts: 1,490
Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Go for it. What do you want to get out of your front sight-if you want to sell/trade it that is.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Well if I find a good replacement for it I won't put it back on so if you want it I could Fedex it to you. I actually saw a fiber optic set last night at Sportsmans Warehouse. I should be getting them today.
Scratchammo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 873 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo

Well if I find a good replacement for it I won't put it back on so if you want it I could Fedex it to you. I actually saw a fiber optic set last night at Sportsmans Warehouse. I should be getting them today.
Ya if you get the others ill want your factory sight. Pm me and let me know whats the deal

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Memphis,The volunteer state
Posts: 1,490
Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Ya if you get the others ill want your factory sight. Pm me and let me know whats the deal

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Will do...
Scratchammo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Adjustable sights or fixed sights for my first? getem2011 1911 Forum 16 02-04-2012 02:39 AM
okay i cant decide austin125 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 12 11-16-2011 02:20 AM
Help me decide?!? nmoyer General Handgun Discussion 4 12-02-2009 06:41 PM
Help me decide. nworbmit Semi-Auto Handguns 8 10-13-2009 01:50 AM
Help me decide. clamber Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 1 03-20-2009 03:37 AM