Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   help identifying broken part on marlin 995 .22 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/help-identifying-broken-part-marlin-995-22-a-38081/)

remington7mm 02-07-2011 04:31 PM

help identifying broken part on marlin 995 .22

2 Attachment(s)
this weekend me and my buddy took the 22 to the range for a little bit cause we got board. at about 250 rnds it stopped firing. i dont know what the part is called that broke, but it has something to do with the trigger i think. i need help identifying it and a website were i could order the new one from. thanks for all the help guys.

its the white plastic piece at the back of the reciever. it directly down from the a and n on the screw driver. thanks guys im looking to get this fixed so i can go shooting again!

remington7mm 02-07-2011 04:32 PM

i know its dirty because i just shot it this past weekend. i want to get the broken part and then clean it. thanks!

remington7mm 02-07-2011 04:38 PM

World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

this looks like the part thats broken, could someone just identify this for me and let me know for sure thanks.

Eric0424 02-07-2011 05:23 PM

That is indeed your buffer, Numrich has an updated buffer in stock. Although it really has nothing to do with the trigger, it just keeps the bolt from slamming into the receiver when the rifle cycles. When they get old a start to fall apart they can cause all kinds of trouble because pieces can get everywhere inside the action assembly.

Buffer, Replacement

Getting it in is your challenge, the entire action assembly has to be torn down to get a new buffer in. If you're familiar with your rifle it's not really a problem, if your new to the Marlin semi-auto action assembly there's a great Power Point and PDF versions of a disassmebly procedure over at Rimfire Central.

Model 60 action assembly - RimfireCentral.com Forums

remington7mm 02-07-2011 06:37 PM

thanks eric, would you have the link to the after market buffer?

Eric0424 02-07-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remington7mm (Post 439223)
thanks eric, would you have the link to the after market buffer?

Click on "Buffer, Replacement" below for the black updated buffer from Numrich. Not sure who makes this one, but several guys over at Rimfire Central have used the black buffer in their Marlin semi-autos.

Buffer, Replacement

It seems the white nylon Marlin buffer is now in stock at Brownell's. I could swear it was backordered earlier when I clicked on the link in your post.

World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

remington7mm 02-08-2011 04:19 PM

thanks eric, i got the part ordered last night for it. do you happen to knowinstall time on it?

Eric0424 02-08-2011 08:17 PM

It only takes me about 20 minutes for a complete action tear down and reassembly. If you study the procedure at Rimfire Central (linked below) before starting, and follow it while you work, you shouldn't have a problem.

Model 60 action assembly - RimfireCentral.com Forums

remington7mm 02-13-2011 08:04 AM

thanks again eric i got it back together tonight, took me about 20 minuets. i took my time and tore it all down and gave everything a bath in gun cleaner with i was at it and she works like a wet dream now! thanks again!

big shrek 02-13-2011 09:11 AM

The 995 is a precurser to the 795, don't ask me why they went backwards with the numbers ;)

IIRC, the only major differences are the 995's nice checkered wood stock
& the 795 has the Last Shot Hold Open feature.

How about some assembled pics?? :D