Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Help!!! Bipod For Marlin XT-22???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey everyone! just picked up a brand new rifle! (yaaaay me) :P Is there a bipod available for the Marlin XT-22 that DOESN'T require me drilling into my stock? The average swivel adapter won't work due to the sling mounts being molded.

It's an XT-22 (Mag) w/ a Tube Magazine.

Last edited by PotageeMilitant; 08-27-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16822 Times on 9747 Posts
Likes Given: 43878

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotageeMilitant View Post
Hey everyone! just picked up a brand new rifle! (yaaaay me) :P Is there a bipod available for the Marlin XT-22 that DOESN'T require me drilling into my stock? The average swivel adapter won't work due to the sling mounts being molded.

It's an XT-22 (Mag) w/ a Tube Magazine.
being molded in, that means you probably have the plastic stock. you need to find some sort of adapter that you can mount directly to the stock with screws. or, remove the stock and drill it for a conventional sling swivel stud.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks. Well, after doing some difficult searching I managed to find a Harris bipod that supposedly mounts flush on my stock. Has anyone had any experience with it (or similar types)?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #4

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotageeMilitant
Thanks. Well, after doing some difficult searching I managed to find a Harris bipod that supposedly mounts flush on my stock. Has anyone had any experience with it (or similar types)?
Be careful I'm trying to buy the woods stock for mine to eliminate any further issues with this problem

Old 09-10-2013, 03:06 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akms47nagont

Be careful I'm trying to buy the woods stock for mine to eliminate any further issues with this problem
Thanks for the heads up. Love their rifles dammit! Why the frickin ****ty ass stocks right???

Old 09-10-2013, 04:01 AM   #6

Liked 188 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 153

That was your choice when you purchased the rifle, wood stocks run more money. Pay me now or pay me latter, I believe is the expression.

Jim

Old 09-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim
That was your choice when you purchased the rifle, wood stocks run more money. Pay me now or pay me latter, I believe is the expression.

Jim
Well Jim let me explain myself.The comment isn't just me venting my frustration, its a valid question wouldn't you say? I mean, I'm a fairly new gun owner but I've also owned numerous businesses so when I see something like this I ask myself, "what did they gain by creating a molded sling mount like this one"? Why was it created this way when there aren't any accessories or bipods that can be easily attached due to its uniqueness?
Honestly, the only thing I could come up with is that maybe it was never meant to have one attached... Period. So that's how I shot it all weekend! Lol. And if course I loved it, it's still ridiculously accurate!
A buddy and I shot both the XT-22 Mag & LR models with not a single complaint. Actually, he loved my rifles so much that he's now looking for an XT-HMR (which I scooped up right after we shot the first day). And that doesn't even have a MOLDED sling mount! I actually own the XT-22TR, TX-22MTR, 795, XT-22HMR, and have a Papoose on order.
Needless to say, I love Marlin 22s. I just can't see why they didnt put normal swivel mounts on ALL their rifles. They have em on a 60 (tube version of 795). And don't tell me cost cause we're not talking about a $50 part or something. Lol.
And no.... I don't expect you to have the answer.