H&R / Nef 17 hmr sportster
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > H&R / Nef 17 hmr sportster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default H&R / Nef 17 hmr sportster

Hey guys, mrbooks here. I was wondering your take on this. is this considered a bull barrel/ target barrel? would this be a gun to impress range officers punching paper with? i know its not much for looks, but i would love to see some groups of this. anyone have one of these?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbooks10

Hey guys, mrbooks here. I was wondering your take on this. is this considered a bull barrel/ target barrel? would this be a gun to impress range officers punching paper with? i know its not much for looks, but i would love to see some groups of this. anyone have one of these?
I purchased this exact rifle a few months ago, put a $300 scope on it and replaced the stock with a similar style to the photo. It's a single shot rifle but accurate to a tee. I've clustered rounds within about the size of a dime at 100yrd with 17grain bullets. Great rifle, I payed 150 for it brand new, so the price is right for how accurate it is. I would definitely recommend. My next step with be a bipod stand just because of the weight of the gun, the aggressive barrel is a little too much weight to keep shooting whilst standing.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #3

Liked 282 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Not a rifle to impress range officers. They shoot ok but if you wish to impress buy a cz or a savage 17 hmr then a 6-24 or 8-32 scope and go back to the range. One of better buys is atleast the savage 93R 17FV , it can be bought for 240 bucks . This is a solid scope for the money go to midwayusa , check out product #962234 bsa tmd 30mm tube 6-2444 scope. Good rimfire scope for a bargan price. I have had a couple of these for some time now. Good target scope.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss33204

I purchased this exact rifle a few months ago, put a $300 scope on it and replaced the stock with a similar style to the photo. It's a single shot rifle but accurate to a tee. I've clustered rounds within about the size of a dime at 100yrd with 17grain bullets. Great rifle, I payed 150 for it brand new, so the price is right for how accurate it is. I would definitely recommend. My next step with be a bipod stand just because of the weight of the gun, the aggressive barrel is a little too much weight to keep shooting whilst standing.
Adding pic

image-2672012300.jpg