H&r m12???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > H&r m12???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 03:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 795 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default H&r m12???

Anybody have any insight on these?
There have two of them not too far from here for $449 a piece. I've never heard of them but it's a super big heavy ass single shot .22.
I gave a little thought to buying one but wasn't sure if $449 was within the going rate.

I did however pick up a WZ-48 1954 polish training rifle with matching numbers from a guy on his way into the shop to try selling it. Numbers match. He was happy with $75.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2010, 05:27 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9560 Times on 4114 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Greetings, brother. Yes, heavier than a mortage- about 12 lb 5 oz. CMP had these- all gone. You did not say if it has the Palma sights. They go for about $325-$350 without the sights. Add about $200 for the sights. Some info on the M12- scroll down, 5 files. Here's some info... H&R M12, Erma EM1, Mossy 44US, Rem 40X trigger, BSA Martini - Rimfire Shooting

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #3

Liked 795 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Thank you, thank you.
These have no sights on them, just the scope rail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Greetings, brother. Yes, heavier than a mortage- about 12 lb 5 oz. CMP had these- all gone. You did not say if it has the Palma sights. They go for about $325-$350 without the sights. Add about $200 for the sights. Some info on the M12- scroll down, 5 files. Here's some info... H&R M12, Erma EM1, Mossy 44US, Rem 40X trigger, BSA Martini - Rimfire Shooting

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 08-30-2010, 05:17 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I picked up one of these when CMP had them ... listed them as a sniper trainer if I remember correctly. Came with a Palma rear sight & Olympic front. I sold the sights off mine and still had enough to pay to have the receiver drilled and tapped for weaver rail ... basically got a free gun

It shoots dime to nickle size groups (when I do my part) at 50 yards with Eley practice and a bit better with Eley 10X

I believe CMP has been out of them for a few years.