Gunbot
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Gunbot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 04:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default Gunbot

I'm sure that most of you know about Gunbot.net. I tend to watch the .22 ammo prices there at least once a week. Tonight I noticed that there is a slew of .22 lr available, starting at about 15 cents per round (which is fkn' crazy) and that nobody is buying it. That's a good thing. The prices will come down if we hold out and it looks like this ammo BS is finally starting to wind down. And for anyone who does not know about Gunbot, it's a site that follows ammo along with some other gun related items. It lists prices and availability and has links to the appropriate websites. I know it's tempting to buy ammo whenever it becomes available, but if we can hold out the dealer will have no choice but to lower their prices to where they belong. I know that the Obama administration was the catalyst for all of the hoarding and gouging, but we are smarter than that. Patience is a virtue on most levels. Let's hope that no nutjob jackass decides to shoot up the place and put the gun issue back on the national spotlight. The gun issue is the favorite topic of those who want to take our freedom, just as it is the favorite topic of most of us.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2014, 04:33 AM   #2

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

We are the catalyst of the ammo shortage. Long before there was a shortage every other thread was some idiot saying we are going to have an ammo shortage. Everyone of them was likely someone who got paid to start an ammo shortage. What was really stupid is none of the bills that were introduced had more than a 3% chance of becoming law. And we wonder why the liberals are able to beat us with lies and hot air.
Missouribound Likes This 
Old 04-07-2014, 04:50 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

It is actually a combination of both. Personally I had enough ammo stored up to ride out the "shortage" virtually without buying anything (I did buy some .308 but that was for a special deal- and I don't even own anything chambered in .308! LOL!). I actually sold a bunch off to friends who did not have the foresight to stock up. When prices settle back down I will replenish my stocks and keep on building them up over time. I shoot enough to warrant having a lot on hand, so I don't really see it as "stockpiling". Stockpiling is when you just stash it away and never shoot it, then when the prices go through the roof you break it out and make a killing.
People Like This 
Old 04-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Gunbot

And to add to what my Podcast partner just said: Many have a legit reason to keep 5 figure Ammo counts. I spoke with a future show guest tonight who Trains people for a living after a 20 year LE Career, and he has students bring 3-500 rds for each weapon they will train on with him, plus he needs to have his own for demo purposes, or if a student runs short. Some of his classes include extra Ammo for a small fee,..
But no one needs 100,000 22LR rounds,..not even the Feds....
Now if your the Armorer for an MAG,..maybe 100-150K Total,..but this guy on YouBoob with 150k rounds of Ammo in old refrigerators,....Sheese,...I don't know where I'd put half of that,.unless I bury it...

Edit: I go on Gunbot very rarely.
I use AmmoSeek.
That's where I find 3/4ths of my online Ammo deals...
Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 04-17-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #5

I have better luck with ammoseek. Gunbot is a good idea but it really doesn't work. Ammunition Depot has at least 20 different types of 40 cal ammo. Gunbot will only list a few items at Ammunition Depot
People Like This 
Old 04-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #6

Not to "Jack the Thread" but what's a good RN 40 cal. Round. I want to buy 250 rounds for my friend who his doing me a favor with lending me some help and a few power tools this weekend. He has an SR40c I shot with him last week., and he only has about 50 SD rounds and less then 50 RN's. He does not have the funds to buy in bulk, he has his Daughter and SIL and Grand Kids living with him...
Yeah I like Ammoseek much better....it just works,...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 04-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #7

Day in day out Freedom Munitions has good prices. Right now they have 40 cal round nose for $14.39 or $69.97 for 250. YMMV

Old 04-18-2014, 01:12 AM   #8
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2103 Times on 1238 Posts
Likes Given: 4524

I almost had to clean the drool off the floor at Wal-Mart for the amount of .40 Cal sitting in the locked cabinet. That was a week ago., not sure about now!

Old 04-18-2014, 01:19 AM   #9

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I have better luck with ammoseek. Gunbot is a good idea but it really doesn't work. Ammunition Depot has at least 20 different types of 40 cal ammo. Gunbot will only list a few items at Ammunition Depot
I know exactly what you are saying. But it's up to Ammunition Depot to let Gunbot know....apparently they aren't. Gunbot only reports what the dealers are telling them. They don't do the search, the rely on being told the info. Let AD know that they should be telling them about their entire line of 40's

Old 04-18-2014, 06:54 AM   #10

JD thanks,..I'm basically trying to get him the similar deal on 40's that I get on 9MM's. That sounds about right.
Big: yeah when I was in Wally about 2 weeks ago,.,I almost Shart myself when I saw 3 Different Brands of 45ACP 230Gr.!! I called my Friends who shoot 45s regularly to come and get some. One was in Class( Army Iraqi Freedom Vet who went back to school for Criminal Justice, to be a St. Trooper...) the other two were there within 30 minutes...
I'll be back there tomorrow, but it's going to be at least a month before I will need anymore of Anything,...still have Plenty of CF Handgun ammo except for my new 45LC...