A gun for my girl - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > A gun for my girl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default gun for my girl

I just this past Christmas bought my 18 yr. old daughter a Ruger 10/22 one of the new stainless / blue birdseye laminate pattern and then topped it off with a Simmons3-9x32 silver scope and a few hundred rounds she has had tons of fun shooting and has improved her markmanship a lot in turn that made her go out and but herself a Winchester 1300 Black Shadow Speed Pump, she now is talking of buying her self a .270 or 30-06, so my suggestion is to buy a 22 rifle and as far as out growing or getting bored with it that's a rifle that can be used and kept for generations

Old 04-01-2011, 12:50 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlindixie View Post
So I've lurked for a few days and I've searched for my topic but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I think I've accepted that I need to buy a 22 (to my disappointment) as my 12 year old --------SNIP----
of and gun buying tips in general.
Let me know if any other info will be helpful.
Thanks,
Jonathan
I ended up buying my daughter the pink Marlin Semi-Auto 22. She loves it. Since she's only 8, it's a little big but she shoot just fine with a rest. If I remember it was about $200.
Here's a pic..