GSG-5 Update!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > GSG-5 Update!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default GSG-5 Update!

Picked up a nice H&K MP5 claw rail for my GSG-5 the other day, my buddy who owned an MP-5 actually had a spare...how often does that happen? Once I got that bolted on I added a nice but inexpensive Leapers red/green dot sight.

Talk about looking the part!

I CAN NOT wait to shoot this thing. Once I get settled in from my move to Virginia from the Carolinas I'll get out there and get this sucker sighted in, then put a little report and some photos together for everyone!

Josh

gsg5scopesmall.jpg  
http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #2

Default Let us know!!!

Josh,

I have been debating on purchasing one. Please let us know how it goes.

If you are moving to NOVA and are looking for folks to shoot with, let me know. I have a lot of the ranges in NOVA listed here, if you are looking for locations...

RangeLog.com Range Finder

Best,
Drew

Old 06-05-2009, 07:13 AM   #3

Drew:
Thanks so much!

I actually just shot the gun and got it all sighted in TODAY. It was a little rainy but between raindrops we ran out, set up the table and a folding chair, slapped a target on a box, ran it out to 50 feet and got to work.

All I have to say is: "GET ONE GET ONE GET ONE GET ONE GET ONE!"

This little rifle shoots PHENOMINAL. Smooth, flawless and, if I were a better shot, I could have put one bullet through the hole from the previous round. Outstanding in every way. My only advice...buy more magazines. Only one comes with the rifle and loading it by hand is a chore, especially with a gun this fun to shoot and this quick to go through ammo.

I got my red/green dot sighted in and this thing is AWESOME!

I'll have to put together a full range report soon for everyone.

Josh

Old 06-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #4

Default Good Stuff...

Josh,

That's great. What sight did you buy for it? I ended up picking up a Stag Arms M4 from a buddy of mine who was dumping a bunch of stuff and happened to owe me money

I am seeing them online for as low as $400 and in stores for $550. I might wait for the next gun show, a guy had one for $350 and I was thinking (there has got to be something wrong with it) so I passed.

Drew

Old 06-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #5

Thats a nice setup you got there. How hard was it to install the rail?

In Glock we trust.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:21 AM   #6

Thanks for the interest, guys!

To answer Drew first, the shop I used to work at deals heavily with Leapers/UTG so I went with their nice little TactEdge red/green dot. For forty bucks it's not a bad sight at all, I have one on my HiPoint 995 and like it enough that I put one on the GSG. It's not small, but it's light, well-made and the whole red/green thing is nice. Easy to zero, too, even for a mediocre shot like me.

Comp23, thanks man! The whole rail thing was a little interesting for this rifle. Most of what's out there at a cheap price is airsoft stuff, I've come to find out, and if you read reviews on most of the cheap claw mounts, a lot of people are complaining that they're out of whack. So when a buddy had a genuine firearm claw mount he had recently pulled off his genuine-article MP5, I jumped on it. It wasn't hard to install at all. Loosen the screws, line the thing up, slap it on there, make sure it's in the right place and then evenly tighten and then snug the screws. Then go out and make "bang-bang" happen.

I really and genuinely do love this little rifle. Looks awesome, shoots smooth, fast and flawless and in this day-in-age, with ammo hard to find and hard to afford, .22 longrifle is where it's at!

Josh