Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Gsg-5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Gsg-5

Being gimped up for the time being, I've been heading to the range a good bit on the mornings that I don't have physical therapy. Today, I had it to myself, so I did my best to kill a paper hostage-taker quickly from behind cover. Only killed the hostage twice, so I felt good.
When I finished, it was time to swap dirty jokes with Jerry behind the counter and another guy. The "other guy" had one of these, and swapped me a magazine of .22 LR out of it for some 9MM out of my Tupperware. What a great rifle!

American Tactical Imports GSG-5 Semi-Auto .22 LR Carbine

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #2

Default ...

they are great guns, a ton of fun to shoot also. ive had mine for about 6 months now. Cant find them for sale anywhere at all anymore though. When they were imported they were only brought in in small numbers so they sold out rather quickly.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #3

Default Update on this?

Hey. Noticed this posting, not sure you two are still active on this or not. I am going to a gun show this weekend. I was thinking about picking one of these up based on a posting I saw on "thefiringline.com" discussion board.

Do you both still recommend this, if I can find it? There seems to be a decent amount of add-ons for tac gear (red dot, front grip, extension rails, etc.)

Any recommendations/issues to share about this firearm?

Thanks, any tips are appreciated.

------------
Track every shot @
RangeLog - Manage your firearms usage online

Old 04-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #4

I have shot one of these before and my impressions were so favorable that I immediately bought one. I actually just put an MP5 claw sight rail mount and a little red dot sight on it.

They're great little guns. Look the part, shoot straight, very simple and very accurate. A great, affordable plinker with great, affordable ammunition during tough times.

I say go for it!

My only recommendations are to find a good quality sight rail (NOT the cheap ones that are popping up on the websites) and a decent, inexpensive red dot and have some fun! Make paper wish it had never been tacked up in front of you or put a few squirrels on the table.

http://www.joshuasilverman.com