Grooving
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Grooving

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Grooving

Where/how does one go about getting a reciever grooved, about how expensive would it be?

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9146 Times on 3949 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

I take it you are referring to the two grooves on top of the receiver that many 22 RFs have to mount a scope?

Well, any compentent gunsmith with a milling machine can make the two cuts, and touch up with cold blue. Cost? depends ENTIRELY on where you are. $60 BALLPARK swag.

Hoever- a scope can be mounted the same way they are mounted on a centerfire rifle- drill and tap, base, scope mounts, rings. Take rifle, talk to a smith.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #3

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I take it you are referring to the two grooves on top of the receiver that many 22 RFs have to mount a scope?

Well, any compentent gunsmith with a milling machine can make the two cuts, and touch up with cold blue. Cost? depends ENTIRELY on where you are. $60 BALLPARK swag.

Hoever- a scope can be mounted the same way they are mounted on a centerfire rifle- drill and tap, base, scope mounts, rings. Take rifle, talk to a smith.
Drilling and tapping I can do. I have to drill press, taps, and dies even, not the cutting items though.
reason i don't want to go with the drill and tap is it'll be a remington 511 and i just want have it grooved becaue i have a cheap little bitty bushnell that i want to transfer to it because it's the perfect size and such for it(short and such).
Thank you, however, for your answer, it's much more than appreciated

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------