You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Got some .22 ammo finally!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JustinM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 209
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Every douche I run into on armslist or private sales trying to get double the actual value of ammo I make sure I let them know how big of a piece of un-American **** they are
JustinM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:45 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,857
Liked 3440 Times on 2049 Posts
Likes Given: 2625

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
Every douche I run into on armslist or private sales trying to get double the actual value of ammo I make sure I let them know how big of a piece of un-American **** they are
i understand your frustration....but its the way it is.

its pretty much the stock market....supply and demand. you can blame price gougers, but really we should be kicking our own azzes for ever even thinking about paying these crazy prices.

if you buy it....really no one to blame but yourself.

for example, do you get mad at people for getting killer deal on foreclosures or cheap real estate and flipping them for profit? i don't see a difference myself.

when people panic, they are almost always taken advantage of...
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:45 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
glockfanboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 19
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

I used to get .22 ammo for about $0.011 a round, now the cheapest I can find is $0.04! (That's the cheapest!) I buy it in bulk though so it was cheaper than your local Walmart... But I've been seeing .22 ammo for over $0.50 a round! .223 ammo is the same price as .22 right now! These prices are just crazy...
glockfanboy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 848
Liked 521 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Default

Unfortunately, the only way to deal with price gougers is to not play.

I've paid more for ammo. Maybe a dollar or two then I would pre-panic days. It seems reasonable considering the demand. More than that? I'm out.

I've had to dip into my meager stockpile a few times but glad I decided to keep a couple thousand rounds of the stuff on hand. I'm back up over two thousand rounds just by picking up a box here and there when I can.

I did laugh at the first post though. Trading a box of 9mm, which hardly anyone can find, for a box of .22, which hardly anyone can find. How did that trade go exactly?

"I'll trade you my unicorn for your griffin?"
__________________
"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain
CrazedJava is offline  
hawkguy Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,857
Liked 3440 Times on 2049 Posts
Likes Given: 2625

Default

Quote:
CrazedJava;1329771]Unfortunately, the only way to deal with price gougers is to not play.

I've paid more for ammo. Maybe a dollar or two then I would pre-panic days. It seems reasonable considering the demand. More than that? I'm out.

I've had to dip into my meager stockpile a few times but glad I decided to keep a couple thousand rounds of the stuff on hand. I'm back up over two thousand rounds just by picking up a box here and there when I can.
right on! if YOU overpay, you can only blame YOURSELF. if there was no one overpaying, you wouldn't see the gouging!

Quote:
I did laugh at the first post though. Trading a box of 9mm, which hardly anyone can find, for a box of .22, which hardly anyone can find. How did that trade go exactly?

"I'll trade you my unicorn for your griffin?"
HAAA! thanks for the big laugh!

i found a "out in the open" secret place that always seems to have 22 and 9 (and at a decent price)....sometimes i feel like i stepped into the twlight zone when i see it just sitting there....i'm always halfway expecting the devil to show up with a "sell your soul" contract........but i just buy it, and walk out....
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
godale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 172
Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Default

as i have said in other posts i an down to my last 800 rounds. we used 22 only 3 times this year.we have spent our summer shooting 243. 270 and 30-06 and 17hmr. thsese rounds are replaceable if we use them all
godale is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sunsoutgunsout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 70
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Why is the .22 ammo so hard to find? Thats almost all I see here in alberta
__________________
"There was a time when the world asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things."
sunsoutgunsout is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jrfusatf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 160
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Been lucky in NJ buying 500 to 1000 rounds a week at local Dick's store. $40 for 500 CCI standard, 3 weeks ago bought bulk 2000 rounds of M-22 for $120. Have a good inventory able to shoot 2-3 times a week. After getting ripped off on line paying .28 round refuse to buy any ammo online, hang in there it has to get better soon.
jrfusatf is offline  
godale Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 4,857
Liked 3440 Times on 2049 Posts
Likes Given: 2625

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoutgunsout View Post
Why is the .22 ammo so hard to find?
when you discover the reason, please enlighten us here in the states....i have NO IDEA why people have made such a crazy run on 22lr???? pretty used to this with 223 and 9, but 22 was a new one to me!

but its been GONE for about 4-5 months around me. just starting to show up here & there in the last month.

the main CAUSE is "shelf clearing buying" for hoarding or price gouging. WHY people are doing this is a mystery to me.... like everyone else i've talked to, i just want to shoot cheap 22!
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sunsoutgunsout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 70
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post

when you discover the reason, please enlighten us here in the states....i have NO IDEA why people have made such a crazy run on 22lr???? pretty used to this with 223 and 9, but 22 was a new one to me!

but its been GONE for about 4-5 months around me. just starting to show up here & there in the last month.

the main CAUSE is "shelf clearing buying" for hoarding or price gouging. WHY people are doing this is a mystery to me.... like everyone else i've talked to, i just want to shoot cheap 22!
Huh, you would think that .22lr would be the very last thing to have a shortage of!
__________________
"There was a time when the world asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things."
sunsoutgunsout is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Finally some ammo for my cc gun Missouribound Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 2 04-27-2013 10:27 PM
Finally, Finally, Got That Remmie Mosin Nagant gandog56 Curio & Relic Discussion 15 03-22-2013 09:14 AM
I finally put together some ammo! Staestc Ammunition & Reloading 21 04-09-2012 03:35 AM
finally found ammo that my SIG doesn't like supergus Ammunition & Reloading 5 10-10-2008 04:13 AM