Got some .22 ammo finally! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Got some .22 ammo finally!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Every douche I run into on armslist or private sales trying to get double the actual value of ammo I make sure I let them know how big of a piece of un-American **** they are

Old 08-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #12

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1879

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
Every douche I run into on armslist or private sales trying to get double the actual value of ammo I make sure I let them know how big of a piece of un-American **** they are
i understand your frustration....but its the way it is.

its pretty much the stock market....supply and demand. you can blame price gougers, but really we should be kicking our own azzes for ever even thinking about paying these crazy prices.

if you buy it....really no one to blame but yourself.

for example, do you get mad at people for getting killer deal on foreclosures or cheap real estate and flipping them for profit? i don't see a difference myself.

when people panic, they are almost always taken advantage of...

Old 08-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I used to get .22 ammo for about $0.011 a round, now the cheapest I can find is $0.04! (That's the cheapest!) I buy it in bulk though so it was cheaper than your local Walmart... But I've been seeing .22 ammo for over $0.50 a round! .223 ammo is the same price as .22 right now! These prices are just crazy...

Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #14

Liked 516 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Unfortunately, the only way to deal with price gougers is to not play.

I've paid more for ammo. Maybe a dollar or two then I would pre-panic days. It seems reasonable considering the demand. More than that? I'm out.

I've had to dip into my meager stockpile a few times but glad I decided to keep a couple thousand rounds of the stuff on hand. I'm back up over two thousand rounds just by picking up a box here and there when I can.

I did laugh at the first post though. Trading a box of 9mm, which hardly anyone can find, for a box of .22, which hardly anyone can find. How did that trade go exactly?

"I'll trade you my unicorn for your griffin?"

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

hawkguy Likes This 
Old 08-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #15

Quote:
CrazedJava;1329771]Unfortunately, the only way to deal with price gougers is to not play.

I've paid more for ammo. Maybe a dollar or two then I would pre-panic days. It seems reasonable considering the demand. More than that? I'm out.

I've had to dip into my meager stockpile a few times but glad I decided to keep a couple thousand rounds of the stuff on hand. I'm back up over two thousand rounds just by picking up a box here and there when I can.
right on! if YOU overpay, you can only blame YOURSELF. if there was no one overpaying, you wouldn't see the gouging!

Quote:
I did laugh at the first post though. Trading a box of 9mm, which hardly anyone can find, for a box of .22, which hardly anyone can find. How did that trade go exactly?

"I'll trade you my unicorn for your griffin?"
HAAA! thanks for the big laugh!

i found a "out in the open" secret place that always seems to have 22 and 9 (and at a decent price)....sometimes i feel like i stepped into the twlight zone when i see it just sitting there....i'm always halfway expecting the devil to show up with a "sell your soul" contract........but i just buy it, and walk out....

Old 08-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 195

as i have said in other posts i an down to my last 800 rounds. we used 22 only 3 times this year.we have spent our summer shooting 243. 270 and 30-06 and 17hmr. thsese rounds are replaceable if we use them all

Old 08-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Why is the .22 ammo so hard to find? Thats almost all I see here in alberta

"There was a time when the world asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things."

Old 08-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #18

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Been lucky in NJ buying 500 to 1000 rounds a week at local Dick's store. $40 for 500 CCI standard, 3 weeks ago bought bulk 2000 rounds of M-22 for $120. Have a good inventory able to shoot 2-3 times a week. After getting ripped off on line paying .28 round refuse to buy any ammo online, hang in there it has to get better soon.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoutgunsout View Post
Why is the .22 ammo so hard to find?
when you discover the reason, please enlighten us here in the states....i have NO IDEA why people have made such a crazy run on 22lr???? pretty used to this with 223 and 9, but 22 was a new one to me!

but its been GONE for about 4-5 months around me. just starting to show up here & there in the last month.

the main CAUSE is "shelf clearing buying" for hoarding or price gouging. WHY people are doing this is a mystery to me.... like everyone else i've talked to, i just want to shoot cheap 22!

Old 08-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #20

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post

when you discover the reason, please enlighten us here in the states....i have NO IDEA why people have made such a crazy run on 22lr???? pretty used to this with 223 and 9, but 22 was a new one to me!

but its been GONE for about 4-5 months around me. just starting to show up here & there in the last month.

the main CAUSE is "shelf clearing buying" for hoarding or price gouging. WHY people are doing this is a mystery to me.... like everyone else i've talked to, i just want to shoot cheap 22!
Huh, you would think that .22lr would be the very last thing to have a shortage of!

"There was a time when the world asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things."