Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Got my SAVAGE!!!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tylos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 63
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareebrownbeest
It's a Caldwell 6-9 inch. $59 everywhere I've looked. I also got a blackhawk swivel/pivoting bi-pod that's 9-13 inches for the same price.

This is the blackhawk bi pod. Also $59
I found a Caldwell pivoting 13-27 inch at LGOutdoors for $49
Almost bought the same thing on eBay for $74.
Glad I checked the www first

I got the extra length so I can sit and use it.

Pics to follow.
__________________
Tylos is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Blackbeard1718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Texas Hill Country!
Posts: 185
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareebrownbeest View Post
Oh it's light. Haven't actually fired it yet but couple of dry fires.

If you Dry-Fire your 22 a lot, try some Snap-Caps. Much easier on your Firing Pin! Here are the ones I use:

http://www.pachmayr.com/home/rimfire-caps.php

Great looking Rifle ya got there!

Cheers!

BB
__________________
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"
Blackbeard1718 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 340
Liked 48 Times on 31 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard1718

If you Dry-Fire your 22 a lot, try some Snap-Caps. Much easier on your Firing Pin! Here are the ones I use:

http://www.pachmayr.com/home/rimfire-caps.php

Great looking Rifle ya got there!

Cheers!

BB
Thanks for the link, those caps look like small dildos! ha ha just sayin!
__________________
hareebrownbeest is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shooter88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 558
Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Does anyone know anything about the savage markII with the 16.5inch threaded (suppresser ready) fluted bull barrell? I found a new one at an able ammo store near me the cheapest ive ever seen with this setup ... my concerns are how accurate is it do to the 16.5 inch barrell?

__________________
shooter88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SgtDarkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 13
Likes Given: 2

Default Savage Mark II

I can attest that the Savage is very accurate. Seems mine likes the Win Super Speed HP 37 Gr Copper Plated 1330 FPS stuff and 2nd is the Fed 36 Gr HP 1280 FPS stuff. Tried the diff Rem ammo and several other brands but she likes these two the best. 50 yard is prob .3 MOA. I have the Weaver 3x9 scope but haven't put a flash hider on her. Nice weapon for sure. Not sure if the fluted barrel really does anything to stiffen the barrel or dissapate heat but looks good. Nice smooth bolt and I adjusted the trigger to 3 pounds and it is sweet.

__________________

Pray for Our Military Men and Women

SgtDarkness is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shooter88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 558
Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDarkness
I can attest that the Savage is very accurate. Seems mine likes the Win Super Speed HP 37 Gr Copper Plated 1330 FPS stuff and 2nd is the Fed 36 Gr HP 1280 FPS stuff. Tried the diff Rem ammo and several other brands but she likes these two the best. 50 yard is prob .3 MOA. I have the Weaver 3x9 scope but haven't put a flash hider on her. Nice weapon for sure. Not sure if the fluted barrel really does anything to stiffen the barrel or dissapate heat but looks good. Nice smooth bolt and I adjusted the trigger to 3 pounds and it is sweet.
Do u have the 16.5 inch barrell? With over sized bolt?
__________________
shooter88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 340
Liked 48 Times on 31 Posts

Default

I do, it's bad ass! Best .22 out there, get it! Get it now!

__________________
hareebrownbeest is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 340
Liked 48 Times on 31 Posts

Default

That's what this thread is about! Didn't you look at the pics?

__________________
hareebrownbeest is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BrooklynFaTs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 116
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Does anybody own a gsg 522

__________________
BrooklynFaTs is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shooter88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 558
Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareebrownbeest
I do, it's bad ass! Best .22 out there, get it! Get it now!
Im hopefully buying it today
__________________
shooter88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Savage Model 99 in 300 savage awaysaway General Rifle Discussion 6 10-05-2012 10:51 AM
can savage accutrigger fit savage mod 11 dg8859 Gunsmithing Forum 1 02-27-2012 06:17 PM
Savage .300 Win Mag jspruell General Rifle Discussion 9 12-22-2011 11:53 PM
Savage 99 in 300 Savage that I rebuilt jeanp1948 Gunsmithing Forum 7 09-26-2011 09:54 AM
Savage Model 14 American Classic Bolt Action Rifle 18602, 250 Savage, 22 in, Walnut S samuelrh2000 General Rifle Discussion 4 08-18-2011 11:34 AM