Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (
-   -   Got my first new rifle (

JiroZero713 10-08-2008 01:02 AM

Got my first new rifle
I recently bought an SKS but since ammo is expensive and such and .22 ammo is very cheap I decided to go ahead and buy myself a .22 from the local gunshop.

I don't care about brand names so I bought the one that appealed to me and that was this baby right here.

Folding handle up position.

Folding handle down position

Magazine and Round

Forgive the trigger discipline I lacked in these pictures. Not used to this small rifle compared to my beast of a yugo.

It's brand spanking new and only cost me 200 bucks and I thought it was used.

From what I read it's the 802 Plinkster Thumbhole Tipdown Bolt-action.

I'm impressed so far. Now I just need to find a range for both my beauties.

cpttango30 10-08-2008 02:10 AM

Next time lets have a little bit of trigger control. No need for your finger on the trigger in the house.

Decent looking if you like the black plastic (I don't care for that look) but it is your rifle not mine.

JiroZero713 10-08-2008 02:47 AM

I think I mentioned that in my picture that I forgot to. It's a smaller rifle than my SKS. Nothing was in the chamber though I assure you so it's all fine and dandy.

And yeah it is black plastic but it's a fun rifle and I slightly enjoy it. I always have my wooden yugo to play around with as well. This is just another purchase of mine.

Dillinger 10-08-2008 03:21 AM

If your happy with the purchase, then more power to you.

However, in the interest of not providing any ammunition for the gun hating left, how would you feel about removing that last picture?

It appears to be a just a bit "TOO HAPPY" if you know what I mean...

JiroZero713 10-08-2008 03:46 AM

Perhaps I should post a Smily face on top of it. Kind of a dramatic post irony if you know what I mean.

But yeah I will. But It's just the face I make. Gun haters can suck my left tooth.

Forgot to mention. I'm looking online but I see nothing about high cap mags for this thing....also it's a plain big B to load this current magazine....I guess it's because the rounds are so small...meh....anyway I wonder if there are some high cap mags for this thing.

Hell I could probably get one somewhere.

JiroZero713 10-09-2008 06:12 AM

Sorry for the double post but could anyone suggest a good scope or something for this thing?

Or if anyone can like my last post stated put me towards any high cap mags. If not I'll probably just buy all the cheap 10 Round mags. I hear the straight ones word better most of the time.

Ram Rod 10-09-2008 11:18 AM

BSA scopes are better quality than they used to be, and very reasonable on price. They are also fairly sturdy for rimfires or bolt actions IMO. That or get a Wally World special for under $60.

By the way....Mossberg makes the 802 plinkster, and I can't seem to find any mags over 10 round capacity on the internet, so there probably aren't any to be had. Aftermarket companies usually go for the more popular firearms, and generally these are semi-autos as well.

JiroZero713 10-09-2008 06:55 PM

Yeah I know it's a Mossberg. I'm just going to buy me a couple of 10 Round mags and such....some gun nut said I should get a red dot scope on it.

A red dot on a .22? Priceless.

fin24000 10-09-2008 07:55 PM

Well I know I guy who has a scope, bipod, and strap on his .22 and its looks like a monster.... :p

JiroZero713 10-09-2008 11:57 PM

Sounds like he's ready for some zombies.