Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   got my ar but its too expensive to SHOOT. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/got-my-ar-but-its-too-expensive-shoot-86172/)

theprophetofpwn 03-09-2013 11:28 PM

got my ar but its too expensive to SHOOT.

My ar has just been collecting dust but i keep playing with it like I take it out of my gun safe and pow! Boom. Lol

I see that ranges seem a little dry. Hmm.

unclebear 03-10-2013 12:06 AM

I feel your pain brother, my AK is the same way I don't have time and I'm trying to get enough ammo saved up but it's just getting hard to get my hands on. When ever they get some it's gone in a flash

JerryFife 03-10-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprophetofpwn
My ar has just been collecting dust but i keep playing with it like I take it out of my gun safe and pow! Boom. Lol

I see that ranges seem a little dry. Hmm.

LOL!!!! Not only to expensive but even trying find ammo

drvsafe 03-10-2013 01:51 AM

It really is sad. I haven't shot mine since October. The range I go to only allows frangible .223, which was a bloody fortune before this whole craziness you can shine what it's like now?! What bugs the hell out of me is that I have 2 cans, 420 rounds each of green tip 5.56 that I can't even shoot there if I wanted to.

jack80 03-11-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvsafe
It really is sad. I haven't shot mine since October. The range I go to only allows frangible .223, which was a bloody fortune before this whole craziness you can shine what it's like now?! What bugs the hell out of me is that I have 2 cans, 420 rounds each of green tip 5.56 that I can't even shoot there if I wanted to.

I'll take it off your hands since you can't shoot it :) I've had 840 rounds back ordered from Brownells since NOVEMBER! $320 shipped so I won't complain too much if it eventually arrives

drvsafe 03-11-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack80

I'll take it off your hands since you can't shoot it :) I've had 840 rounds back ordered from Brownells since NOVEMBER! $320 shipped so I won't complain too much if it eventually arrives

Thanks, but I know I HAVE it, so...

tuck2 03-12-2013 10:21 AM

Trade them off for a single shot , not going bang, bang, bang so fast will save you lot of money... I still have 35 boxes of 223 Rem , Winchester White box 55 Gr bullet ammo which cost me about $ 4.00 per box some years ago... I d sell them for $ 40 per box....

jpattersonnh 03-12-2013 11:11 PM

So, What kind of AR do you have that shoots .22lr or rimfire?? That is where you posted. How expensive can it be?? I can take my Marlin 60 out for a day of targets or plinking and shoot $10.00 worth of ammo. I can take an 24/47 or K98 out and shoot over 140 rounds and still spend under $10.00. I could have taken out my AK74, a purpose built Romanian rifle, not a U.S. parts gun w/ the ammo I had bought for it for .10 a round. I sold it for a huge profit w/ the ammo and 10 extra 30round mags. For not buying ammo before, shame on you if you have a 5.56/.223. I sold my AR a few years ago also. Now I use a CZ527 Varminter w/ a CIP chamber, so Mil-spec 5.56 is still good to go. Still sitting on 1000+ rounds and have more then enough components to load the same. I've got 300 round battle paks of LC 5.56 ammo that have price tags of $19.95 on them. Again, your lack of planning makes your rifle useless.

beaglesam 03-12-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuck2 (Post 1173172)
Trade them off for a single shot , not going bang, bang, bang so fast will save you lot of money... I still have 35 boxes of 223 Rem , Winchester White box 55 Gr bullet ammo which cost me about $ 4.00 per box some years ago... I d sell them for $ 40 per box....

$2/round are you kidding me, who would pay that much? You made some coin from someone who should have known better.

Gloves 03-13-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaglesam (Post 1173934)
$2/round are you kidding me, who would pay that much? You made some coin from someone who should have known better.

TWO-DOLLARS!#@! Good-LORD that's a lot of money!

The Libs have won. We aren't going to the range, we've stopped
shooting our guns.

We survived price increases from 2 overseas conflicts and one little
president says he'll take all our guns away... BOOM! prices
TRIPLE overnight (if you can find any).

Good buy Sweet America :(