Got my 10/22! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Got my 10/22!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Took it out this morning and it shot pretty well. I did make a mistake in putting the scope mount on as it blocked my view of the rear sight. If I take that mount off will I have to replace the dummy screws that were in there? It looks like it is drilled clear through the chamber and I'm wondering if having those holes open, even though they are small, will cause any problems?

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 06-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The base screw holes don't extend into the barrel. They are in the receiver only. Leave them open if you like, but I would recommend filling them just for looks if you're not going to mount a scope on it. I'm suprized you want to leave it unscoped but to each his own.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #13

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
The base screw holes don't extend into the barrel. They are in the receiver only. Leave them open if you like, but I would recommend filling them just for looks if you're not going to mount a scope on it. I'm suprized you want to leave it unscoped but to each his own.
Thanks bear. I will be putting a scope on it eventually, but for now I want to get the feel of it stock before I start doing things to it.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"