Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Good .22 for under $300?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Good point. I should live my entire life in fear and never leave the house at all. Just too risky out there what with the butt pirates roaming the streets these days. Don't even get me started on those fat welfare mama's in Wal-Mart. They'll EAT you.
What I was saying that some people are to homophobic to get was to tell someone to go meet someone else they don't know somewhere. Where this other person they don't know is bringing a firearm is not my idea of good advice. what is wrong with going to a gun store and purchasing them?

Me personally I would never buy a gun some a person I don't know off of the internet where we have to meet up. Just go to a gun store and get some questions answered and make some new friends.

You should live in fear of making stupid mistakes and getting your dumb azz mugged or shot by some douche bag on Craig's list. That place just creeps me out anyways.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #22

Oh but nothing bad happen on Craigs List. That place needs to be shut down. It is like the White Trash Trailer park of the internet.

FOXNews.com - Washington Man Arrested for Craigslist Sex-and-Murder Ad - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Old 04-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #23

Liked 1035 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Me personally I would never buy a gun some a person I don't know off of the internet where we have to meet up. Just go to a gun store and get some questions answered and make some new friends.
I had this same discussion with a friend a couple weeks ago, it actually started because of the craigslist like site for guns listed in another post on this board. I buy stuff off craigslist often but somehow buying a firearm is different. I guess the only real difference is that I won't be surprised when they pull out a firearm but still there is just something that puts me off about doing that. If you do buy from craigslist my advice is in the email let them know that you will not have cash with you but will need to stop by a bank nearby to withdraw the money from your account after you have inspected the goods. Or meet at a police station or something.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 04-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Oh but nothing bad happen on Craigs List. That place needs to be shut down. It is like the White Trash Trailer park of the internet.

FOXNews.com - Washington Man Arrested for Craigslist Sex-and-Murder Ad - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Based on the countless millions that use Craigslist, one incident is nothing. I doubt FirearmsTalk has such a sterling record as that. By all means, don't use it if it makes you uncomfortable, but there is a huge difference between making a good sense deal and just running into a serial killer's house for kicks. Your faux paranoia is hyperbole at best.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Millions of firearms sold on CL as well as other places on the internet, the newspaper, etc...

ONE guy is a rapist and killer(who wasn't even selling guns) and everyone gets paranoid,lol. Just goes to show you, media can have great influence in instilling fear into the greater polupation. Especially when people can't think for themselves.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #26

I am not paranoid, I don't have to be I do go around making deals with strangers over the internet.

What I am saying is what is wrong with buying from a reputable dealer.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:11 AM   #27

Safty concerns aside, at this point I don't feel I have the experence or knowlage needed to avoid getting ripped off buying a gun on Craigs List. That's not to say a gun shop wouldn't rip off my inexperence just as quick, but I feel my odds are better with a store that wants my repeat business. Just my two cents!

But back to the topic at hand. Are those cheap Mariln's worth the money for someone just looking for a good time plinking?

Last edited by tallguy130; 04-30-2009 at 02:12 AM. Reason: I can't spell or type....

Old 04-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy130 View Post
Safty concerns aside, at this point I don't feel I have the experence or knowlage needed to avoid getting ripped off buying a gun on Craigs List. That's not to say a gun shop wouldn't rip off my inexperence just as quick, but I feel my odds are better with a store that wants my repeat business. Just my two cents!

But back to the topic at hand. Are those cheap Mariln's worth the money for someone just looking for a good time plinking?
Yah sorry about that of topic stuff.

Yes the Marlins are worth every penny plus some more. A rimfire can cost as little as you want to well over $3000+ the sky's the limit just like with centerfires.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Because some of us like having rimfire RIFLES not rimfire SHOTGUNS.
So how is 1.5MOA anything close to a shotgun? Or do you have a shotgun that can pattern shot within 1.5MOA at 100 yards?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood
Hell, my stock 10/22 off a cheap BiPod would shoot 2MOA with bulk ammo all day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood
So how is 1.5MOA anything close to a shotgun? Or do you have a shotgun that can pattern shot within 1.5MOA at 100 yards?

So which is it? 1.5 or 2 moa. None of my 4 rimfire rifles shoots that bad. So to me 2 moa is shooting like a shotgun. All of mine will shoot 1moa at 100 yards. I do it all the time. That is with cheap Remington target ammo from walmart. Let me get some Federal 711b and It will shoot .5 to .75 moa at 100 yards.

Remington 511x at 75 yards.

Remington 511 scoremaster in a 513 stock