Girlfriends first time out.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Girlfriends first time out.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Girlfriends first time out.

As the "topic" suggests, I took my girl out shooting today.
It actually kind of surprised me that she was so okay with going and she was the one who asked me to go instead of the other way around.

The other thing that really surprised me is that she never hesitated to load the magazine her self nor to fire the rifle, well was one "hesitation" but it was only that I had to shoot first and that was it. Right after my magazine was empty she took her spot on the firing line and had a blast.

I'm thinking I've got her hooked on shooting too. We were using some hollow point and shooting small water filled bottles and every time she hit them you could see the smile from ear to ear while the bottle either flew into the air or popped its top.

Talking to her on the way home, she said shes thinking about getting a scope for her rifle since when she used our buddy's rifle+she was able to get hits on the bottles easier.

(she was using the XT-22R and our buddy's rifle is the Remington 597 as for the scope, I'm not sure on the model or anything. Just know it's a 3-9x40. Distance was about 25yards or so)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2011, 03:46 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Good deal. But have some money, I could see this getting expensive!! lol

Old 12-28-2011, 04:03 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg60
Good deal. But have some money, I could see this getting expensive!! lol
Haha well that wouldn't really buy me to much.
Before I bought her this little rifle she didn't even like being around any type of firearms at all. After shooting some rounds off she seems to of warmed up to the idea of me buying another one in a larger caliber. So from not liking hem being in the same house to almost suggesting I buy another one....I can live with that change. Haha

Old 12-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It could be that she is in love with you and that she has ulterior motives, like a diamond and a date. Now that will be expensive! Shooting is much, much less expensive than marriage.

You definitely sound like you found a keeper!

Next, see if she likes the idea of hunting...Maybe a combined Colorado Elk hunt and wedding...

Old 12-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo
It could be that she is in love with you and that she has ulterior motives, like a diamond and a date. Now that will be expensive! Shooting is much, much less expensive than marriage.

Next, see if she likes the idea of hunting...Maybe a combined Colorado Elk hunt and wedding...
Man.....I think I'd ask her if she would like a ring out something fun/useful since I have this weird hint of not spending money on something that in essence is just going to sit there, but also think I could pony up the money just to see the smile on her face.

I do agree with you there, even before shooting I found her to be a keeper. After sending some rounds down range, having a blast doing so and her sound like she wants something a bit bigger and with a scope, I know for sure she's one I those girl that you rarely find.

For a wedding, I don't think we'd go for a hunt. Least not for Colorado elk since we live up in Canada. Still looking forward to taking her out gopher shooting though. Haha

Old 12-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #6

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo

With a camo dress, and a certain celebrity personality on a tv show!

I wish I'd have done a big fat redneck wedding. Instead we went to the jp and later cut the cake with a buck knife.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #7

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I don't see why you'd need to "go larger" than a 22 in a rifle. Perhaps go to semi-auto like a 10/22. Even cheaper would be another Marlin...the 795. You can get those for $100 after the $25 mail-in rebate these days. If the point is fun plinking...

If you want a bigger bang, how about going to a full-size 9mm pistol?

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 12-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris
I don't see why you'd need to "go larger" than a 22 in a rifle. Perhaps go to semi-auto like a 10/22. Even cheaper would be another Marlin...the 795. You can get those for $100 after the $25 mail-in rebate these days. If the point is fun plinking...

If you want a bigger bang, how about going to a full-size 9mm pistol?
Part of the reason is just to go out plinking and have fun spending time together. As of right now she has a bolt action and I've got a semi-auto (mossberg 702 plinkster) but the other reason I'd like something abit larger is to go out coyote hunting so figure a good .223 is all I'd need and found one I'm thinking about picking up next month or so.

I actual thought about getting a handgun already, been looking at a Glock 17 or a hi-cap because their cheaper. But only issues with that is I'd not only have to upgrade my firearms license, but here in Canada we can only legally discharge a handgun/AR platform rifle in a legally recognized range. You also need to fill out paper work every time you transport the firearm, even if it's just going to the local gun smith.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #9

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Oh, I've gotcha. The Ruger Mini-14 is pretty good for plinking and simple varmint hunting. I decided on an AR for that duty, but that's because I needed that arm to pull double duty...the second duty being protection against the type of firearms laws you've got in Canada.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Last edited by CHLChris; 12-28-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris
Oh, I've gotcha. The Ruger Mini-14 is pretty good for plinking and simple varmint hunting. I decided on an AR for that duty, but that's because I needed that arm to pull double duty...the second duty being protection against the type of firearms laws you've got in Canada.
I thought abou getting a mini-14 but heir a little high for me. I'm thinking about picking up the Stevens model 200 by savage.
Bub yeah, the gun laws here are fairly stupid.