Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Girlfriend needs/wants her own gun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/girlfriend-needs-wants-her-own-gun-96617/)

noahlanier9 09-05-2013 10:00 PM

Girlfriend needs/wants her own gun

My girlfriend has been talking about getting her own gun now for a couple months, She's shot a lot of different guns and the one she always likes the best are the 22's. The problem is she's a girl, more specifically a girl who likes pink. Im planning on surprising her with one here in the near future but I'm hitting some road blocks, maybe someone can help.

She wants a pink (preferably hot pink) .22 cal bolt action or lever action rifle. She is about a 5'6 so I don't know how well a youth rifle will work for her. Anyone run into this before and can help me out?

kaido 09-05-2013 10:01 PM

You can get her a hot pink cricket. Their only single shot though so not sure if she'd be cool with that or not.

mountainman13 09-05-2013 10:02 PM

Duracoat..

DrFootball 09-06-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahlanier9
My girlfriend has been talking about getting her own gun now for a couple months, She's shot a lot of different guns and the one she always likes the best are the 22's. The problem is she's a girl, more specifically a girl who likes pink. Im planning on surprising her with one here in the near future but I'm hitting some road blocks, maybe someone can help.

She wants a pink (preferably hot pink) .22 cal bolt action or lever action rifle. She is about a 5'6 so I don't know how well a youth rifle will work for her. Anyone run into this before and can help me out?

Ask Winds Of Change(one of the mods) to show you a pic of her Henry Lever action. It's pink camo...but it's an example of what can be done...

winds-of-change 09-06-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFootball (Post 1359615)
Ask Winds Of Change(one of the mods) to show you a pic of her Henry Lever action. It's pink camo...but it's an example of what can be done...

No need to even ask. I'll gladly show off my Henry bought for me by a good friend.

This is a Henry Lever Youth model with a custom paint job. She's a beauty, indeed. Great shooter and a very smooth lever action.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps164adc8f.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...psae54844f.jpg

DeltaF 09-06-2013 01:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Try to convince her to go with a pink ruger 10-22 instead! Maybe she'll want bedazzle it like this one on Facebook.

Attachment 117238

Now that's some custom work.

DrFootball 09-06-2013 02:03 AM

OP: and if she doesn't want a semi-auto, that Henry(thanks Winds! Yours is a pretty one!), Plus Ruger's American Rimfire, are both under $400. My wife isn't into the "Pink" thing,..her color is GREEN,..(many hues,..), and she keeps Eyeing my M1A1 with My custom OD stock,..good thing she can only shoot it from the rest,..or else i'd have already lost it, along with the Redfield 3-9X-by 40 that sits on it...

noahlanier9 09-06-2013 07:23 AM

Thanks everyone for the help.

I came across the cricket multiple times, not really to stoked on the single shot thought.

That Henry lever action is a gorgeous looking gun, That was a custom paint job? I would be happy to show that off if I had it too. What is the Overall length on that model, and even though it's a youth model does it for you alright?

The 10/22 is a possibility. The semi auto would be a little more fun for her I imagine, the problem is we live in kalifornia, and there are some bills that are on the verge of passing and possibly being signed that would require everyone with a semi auto gun that has a detachable mag to register it with the state and pay a tax on it, no way in hell I'm buying one if that gets passed.

The Ruger American sounds perfect but I can't seem to find it in pink on there website. The other one I came across is the Savage Rascal, it comes bolt action in pink but it's a youth model so I would have to see about the size of it. I will have to visit the LGS now that I have a couple ideas and see where it goes from there.

noahlanier9 09-06-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change

No need to even ask. I'll gladly show off my Henry bought for me by a good friend.

This is a Henry Lever Youth model with a custom paint job. She's a beauty, indeed. Great shooter and a very smooth lever action.

No need to answer the custom paint job question, looks we already covered that one

DrFootball 09-06-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahlanier9
Thanks everyone for the help.

I came across the cricket multiple times, not really to stoked on the single shot thought.

That Henry lever action is a gorgeous looking gun, That was a custom paint job? I would be happy to show that off if I had it too. What is the Overall length on that model, and even though it's a youth model does it for you alright?

The 10/22 is a possibility. The semi auto would be a little more fun for her I imagine, the problem is we live in kalifornia, and there are some bills that are on the verge of passing and possibly being signed that would require everyone with a semi auto gun that has a detachable mag to register it with the state and pay a tax on it, no way in hell I'm buying one if that gets passed.

The Ruger American sounds perfect but I can't seem to find it in pink on there website. The other one I came across is the Savage Rascal, it comes bolt action in pink but it's a youth model so I would have to see about the size of it. I will have to visit the LGS now that I have a couple ideas and see where it goes from there.

No the 10/22 and the American Rimfire would have to be painted after purchase. You might be able to find a replacement stock for the 10/22 in the color you want...