Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Getting a New 10/22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Getting a New 10/22

Looking to get a new 10/22 in the next week or so. Would like to get one with a bull barrel. This may be a pretty nooby question, but if I can't find one with a bull barrel or can't find one in my price range, how hard is it to put an after-market bull barrel on?

-Fred

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

You'll be looking for the Target model 10/22. They come already with bull barrels, .920" in stainless or blued. If you buy a regular 10/22 and want to trun it into a target model with bull barrel, you'll be costing yourself more money as you'll need a new barrel and new stock. If you really go for one you find reasonable, I do have a factory target model stock I might part with. Green Mountain heavy barrels are good for the price IMO...around $100. Barrel replacement is relatively easy to do on the Ruger 10/22's as well as other DIY gunsmithing you might want to do or add ons/replacements.