Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   flash suppressor on S&W M&P 15/22 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/flash-suppressor-s-w-m-p-15-22-a-76327/)

Zombiepirate 11-13-2012 11:34 PM

flash suppressor on S&W M&P 15/22

Hay U Guys
Does anyone know if the flash suppressor is threaded on to the barrel and can it be temporarily removed ? :rolleyes:

canebrake 11-13-2012 11:42 PM

The ones I've seen and shot had bull barrels.

Got a photo?

dan01 11-14-2012 02:05 AM

Zombie...Yes, the flash hider will unscrew if you have the threaded barrel......

Cane.......Never heard of a "bull barrel" S&W M&P 15 22.....

okdonk 11-14-2012 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Get this fake suppressor! :)

Zombiepirate 11-14-2012 12:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Dan01
Thanks for the quick answer here is a photo it does have the threaded barrel, I also would like to know Is it left or right handed thread? I just need to remove the suppressor temperley I want to attach a bayonet and if the flash suppressor was removed my bayonet will fit snug as a bug in a rug and the suppressor when reinstalled will lock it in place.
"If ya cant choot em, Stab em:D"
Zombiepirate

dan01 11-14-2012 03:53 PM

Left loose.......right tight........Turn it gently counter clock wise with a snug fitting wrench......Do you have the manual?

The M 7 bayonet needs a bayonet lug which the 15 22 does not have.....My Walther Colt C 4 has the bayonet lug and a M 7 bayonet will slip over the flash hider and lock into the lug........................................How will you keep the bayonet from flopping around, as I don't think using the flash hider to secure it will work....JMHO

When I get the chance, I will mike the flash hiders on my 15 22 and Colt C 4.

Zombiepirate 11-14-2012 10:12 PM

I need to do some micing myself but just by looking i think with the flash hider off the bayonet will seat against the picatinny rail and when I reinstall the hider it will tighten down to lock the bayonet in place But like i said I need to do some micrometer measurements so i know for sure. I may have to add a bayonet lug to my picatinny rail, My Manuel don't say anything about removing the hider.

"If ya cant choot em ya got to beable to stab em":cool:

Zombie

OldEagleEars 11-15-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombiepirate (Post 1014613)
I need to do some micing myself but just by looking i think with the flash hider off the bayonet will seat against the picatinny rail and when I reinstall the hider it will tighten down to lock the bayonet in place But like i said I need to do some micrometer measurements so i know for sure. I may have to add a bayonet lug to my picatinny rail, My Manuel don't say anything about removing the hider.

"If ya cant choot em ya got to beable to stab em":cool:

Zombie

Do not trust that M7 with it held by the rail alone! It may look good in photos but it will soon flop all over the place. I carried an M7 for my M16 in Vietnam and would love to be able to mount the one I have now on my 15-22 but without a bayonet lug it is just not practical for anything but a prop. So far I haven't found source for such a lug.

OldEagleEars 11-15-2012 05:40 AM

Cane.......Never heard of a "bull barrel" S&W M&P 15 22.....[/QUOTE]

Probably referring to the Performance Center model that comes (came?) with a polished bull barrel and an "accuratized" chamber job.

Zombiepirate 11-15-2012 11:56 AM

Thanks EagleEars
It was a good thought, I can see that with out the lug, You and Dan01 are right I am best to give up the thought!!!! Maybe If I had a machine shop I could make a lug for my 15/22 But for now I will have to just "Choot-em" Just can't miss:eek: Here in Maine we have a shoot and miss rule, U shoot U miss U loose a peice of your shirt, Miss to many times you end up with no shirt!!!

Zombie pirate