Fixing the .22lr ammo problem - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Fixing the .22lr ammo problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 03:30 AM   #81
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I'm not. "Running" anywhere brother, I have a spinal Fusion. A reconstructed Ankle and lower leg , and a round lodged in my back...
I happen to go into the store, to get 38 Wadcutters for my wife, and 9MM LRN's for me. They were unpacking Boxes from their shipment. They have no limit except on 22's. How am I "buying it all up" when they got 24 222 Bricks and my wife and I each got our limit of 1??? They knew I had been asking them for a Year...with that purchase , it pushed us over 4K for the first time ever( usually I never kept more then 3K-3500) so how am I hording when I started the thread? I'm the first person to " make sure" there is enough for my fellow man & woman ........we didn't go back the next 2 days in a row to keep buying it. What they had lasted them until Saturday morning. They got another truck today. No 22LR...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-10-2014, 03:58 AM   #82

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
There is a math problem with the 22 ammo.

The company that owns cci is the largest manufacturer of 22, and they produce 4,000,000 rounds per day. If you do out the math that works out to one brick per Walmart in the US. per day. When you look at it from this point of view it is understandable why there is a shortage.
There is no math problem there, it's a greed problem...albeit something caused by this administration. Before the "Obama scare tactics" there was plenty of ammo to go around. Nobody, and I mean nobody ever bought out the Walmarts or LGS for that matter. It's not production, it's greed by the hoarders. I bought a brick in April....14 months ago. I just recently bought 500 online and haven't gotten into yet. When I do, I'll replace it. I don't need 5 or 10 thousand rounds...no average shooter does. We can blame Walmart, or the administration or Homeland Security...but it's our fellow shooters fault. Apparently some of our greedy friends want to show their "patriotism" by leaving us unarmed. Thanks, A-holes.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-10-2014, 04:11 AM   #83

Liked 517 Times on 285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
There is no math problem there, it's a greed problem...albeit something caused by this administration. Before the "Obama scare tactics" there was plenty of ammo to go around. Nobody, and I mean nobody ever bought out the Walmarts or LGS for that matter. It's not production, it's greed by the hoarders. I bought a brick in April....14 months ago. I just recently bought 500 online and haven't gotten into yet. When I do, I'll replace it. I don't need 5 or 10 thousand rounds...no average shooter does. We can blame Walmart, or the administration or Homeland Security...but it's our fellow shooters fault. Apparently some of our greedy friends want to show their "patriotism" by leaving us unarmed. Thanks, A-holes.

The problem with the math is there is no way realistically that the 22 can ever come back to the shelves like before. They simply can't produce enough to "stock" all the shelves in every Walmart, dicks, cabelas, bass pro, and the LGS.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:26 AM   #84

Liked 36 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
The problem with the math is there is no way realistically that the 22 can ever come back to the shelves like before. They simply can't produce enough to "stock" all the shelves in every Walmart, dicks, cabelas, bass pro, and the LGS.
Why? There wasn't a problem two years ago before the big panic and manufacturers were producing less than they do now. It's not different this time. It never is. This will eventually end and demand will drop when people start shooting/selling their stockpiles instead of buying ammo. Happens every time.

Last edited by mboylan; 06-10-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:31 AM   #85

Quote:
But they don't have to...production is just fine. Nobody is shooting more...just hoarding. It's not the mfgs. issue, its ours. When the lunkheads go back to just buying what they need, this will go back where it belongs...with enough for everyone, at prices where they should be. We need to buy what we shoot...that's it. And let's face it...suppose "armageddon" does come.....22lr aren't going to be the amm of choice to fight off the bad guys.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #86
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

No but it might be the secondary Ammo that helps feed people...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 06-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
No but it might be the secondary Ammo that helps feed people...

If things don't change....only a few people, the hoarders will be fed then. If we are all in this together, we need to start acting like it.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #88
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2157 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
If things don't change....only a few people, the hoarders will be fed then. If we are all in this together, we need to start acting like it.
We are not in this together. During every emergency in history there were profiteers, the ammo shortage is no exception. I saw the ammo receipt for an LGS. They are not paying anymore than in the past. They only got a small portion of their order. They marked the 22 wmr at $15 and the Remington golden bullets at $45 in order to turn some profit. They made around $150 off rimfire ammo. $150 a week profit on rimfire ammo sales is not keeping the lights on.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 06-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #89

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Personally i feel there is plenty of ammo just high prices! Look at PSA, CHEAPER THAN DIRT AND EVEN CABELA'S website and see what they are selling ,22lr for ITS A JOKE AND IT'S ALL ABOUT PROFIT IN THIS VERY BAD ECONOMY...THANKS TO THE BEST GUN SALEMAN..OBAMA!! JUST STOP PAYING THE HIGH PRICES, MY CUT OFF IS .10 PER ROUND. GOOD LUCK!

Old 06-11-2014, 03:24 AM   #90

Liked 517 Times on 285 Posts

I guess where I was trying to go with the math problem is this. If they only produce enough to put one brick in each Walmart per week, and someone walks buy and sees it hit the shelf regardless if they are a hoarder or someone that "needs" 22 they will buy it and that's it for the week. Stock never comes back.

Now if the manufacturers or the stores themselves held off on putting it on the shelf till they had a full supply it may appear that the "shortage" is over and people may slow down on the stockpile. Either way it is going to take some time for it to really come back.