Fixing the .22lr ammo problem - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Fixing the .22lr ammo problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 03:48 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Here's the thing....although this administration is CAPABLE of causing more and more problems with the shooting sports...they haven't.
And they will probably stay away from it.
So whatever problems we have now, we have created. We (not me) are hoarding ammo. We buy it whenever we can....not because we need it, because we fear it will go away. And IF it's going away, it's because we buy it whenever we can. WE ARE CAUSING THIS PROBLEM. How often did anyone buy .22's before Sandy Hook happened and Obama started spear chucking his anti-gun movement? Once a month....once every couple of months...once a year? We didn't go on shopping sprees JUST to by .22's. We aren't shooting more, just buying more. We have driven up the price, increased the demand and made it nearly impossible for many of us to buy ammo...let alone afford it.
And the mfg.s aren't going to fix it...Obama's not going to fix it and Walmart isn't going to fix it...WE HAVE TO.
Never waste time deciding between two both of them.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:03 AM   #92
Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

the wall mart by me has actually helped the problem. They dont put it out at the same time anymore. There sporting goods manager cought on to bs and puts it out randomly.
Oldgoat03 Likes This 
Old 06-11-2014, 04:17 AM   #93
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
Liked 3388 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Then you have a good person managing your store. The manager at my local Walmart is complicit in "steering" the Ammo to the "people" who do Business reselling the Ammo at 3X the cost....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Old 06-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #94
Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

One Walmart in this area puts out ammo randomly. The rest put the ammo out at 7am the day after the truck comes.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:14 AM   #95
Liked 1338 Times on 896 Posts
Likes Given: 860

See, I'm not buying the theories in either direction. Before the ammo shortage, there were routinely shortages at my local Walmart. You'd go in somedays, and their selection was sooo pathetic. You'd wonder why they bothered...

Now, I'd like to see a list of all the rimfire manufacturers. I'd like to see a chart of what they produced and sold in the year 2010. And another one for the year 2013. And I mean the real numbers, not some BS ones someone made up.

You would have a hard time convincing me that before the shortage, most places only sold a couple hundred rounds a week. If production hasn't decreased, and every outlet that sells it can/could only have a brick a week, that couldn't have held many retailers back then, either.

The other part of the equation is retail cost. Supply and demand says that as demand increases, prices need to go up. It will get to a point that nobody will buy it, and supply should go up, and demand down. Then the price will come back down. So it should hit a balancing point. But the people increasing the price should be the manufacturers. It shouldn't be the A-Hole hangin' out at Walmart every day at 6 AM to buy up the supply, and re-sell it. If it was high right from Walmart, there wouldn't be a profit to be had, right?

From the manufacturer's perspective, they get paid more for the same amount of product this way. Basically a raise. Maybe then they would invest in more people and capacity to make more ammo...
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.
Is there an age limit for a thread, after which we kill it?

Last edited by clr8ter; 06-12-2014 at 01:17 AM.