Fixing the .22lr ammo problem
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Fixing the .22lr ammo problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 05:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Default Fixing the .22lr ammo problem

Simple and sweet. If you look at sites llike Gunbot you can see who has what in the caliber situation. Right now, the places which have ammo for 4 to 10 cents per round are selling out in hours, if not minutes. But those that are 12 cents and up are just sitting there. Good. If we just quit buying above 10 cents a round everyone will drop their prices. They didn't pay more for that ammo; they are SCALPERS. I"ve spent enough time in retail that to know that it doesn't matter what you charge for an item...it does you absolutely no good to have it sit on the shelf or backroom. Prices will go done if we hold out a bit longer...and it's very close to that now. Just watch Gunbot and you will see as it happens.
Just buy only what you need for now and it will soon open up. Production is as high as usual, but the hoarders are screwing it up. Let them get stuck with their ammo they bought at 15 cents per round. Their greed put us here.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Fixing the .22lr ammo problem

I agree. When I was at the Gun Show two Sundays ago, I waited for 2-1/2 hrs. To see who would lower their prices in the last hour, hoping they would not want to carry it home. 3 of the four ammo vendors with 22's stood pat, the least expensive of the 4 would have gotten my $22 bucks anyway, but because I also bought his last two CCI Blazers at $10 for the Pr., I got the Small brick of Remington GB 's for $20...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 04-17-2014, 11:47 PM   #3

Liked 36 Times on 28 Posts

Don't buy for more than 10% to 20% over what you paid in 2012 and it will be over really fast. Stupid people paying stupid prices keeps the secondary market alive and the shelves empty.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:20 AM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2403 Times on 1299 Posts
Likes Given: 692

It is pretty sad when you can buy 12 gauge bird shot cheaper than 22lr. I see 22mag going at 40 cents a round. I did pick up some 22mag at a decent price but it was scarce. It is cheaper to shoot 223 than pay the current prices to the scalpers. I have not bought any 22lr for a couple of years except for one 300 round Winchester wood box for a gift and it was less than$20. Cabelas would only sell me one or I would have bought more for gifts.
http://www.ammoman.com/223-556

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

People Like This 
Old 04-18-2014, 01:10 AM   #5

This is a good time to recognize which retailers are truly the friends of those who enjoy the shooting sports. Some of them are trying to make it better for us and some are just scalping us. Early on in this mess, Midway came out and said they would not raise prices....and they haven't. They are friends of ours. Our enemies are scalping....and when this is over...and it will be over soon, they will loose our business because of their tactics.....and good riddance.

People Like This 
Old 04-18-2014, 01:12 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
This is a good time to recognize which retailers are truly the friends of those who enjoy the shooting sports. Some of them are trying to make it better for us and some are just scalping us. Early on in this mess, Midway came out and said they would not raise prices....and they haven't. They are friends of ours. Our enemies are scalping....and when this is over...and it will be over soon, they will loose our business because of their tactics.....and good riddance.
Cheaper Than Dirt lost my business a year and a half ago.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 04-18-2014, 01:13 AM   #7

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Strangely enough, by those standards ^^^^^^^^^^ Wal-Mart is

our fraind...

I agree, I have been buying very conservatively, and shooting even

less.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:08 AM   #8
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4315

I will get a forum beating for this comment, I know they stopped the black guns; but, when you find the other big box sporting goods stores are not having anything because they will allow the scalpers/gougers to purchase and return to purchase again and again.

The smaller mom and pop shops have either hard pressed to get the .22LR ammo and/or dipped into their cache to sell.

Add Dick's Sporting Goods to the list of friendlies for .22LR and other ammo.

My area they known the scalpers/gougers and they allow the specific amount per day and that is it! They have thrown them out when the try to re-enter and purchase the ghost ammo called .22LR.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
I will get a forum beating for this comment
I can't see why you would think that. This is a forum dedicated to guns....period. Nobody is right or wrong, it's opinion. And if these guys listen to my sometimes "off" comments they will certainly listen to yours.

People Like This 
Old 04-18-2014, 02:24 AM   #10
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Yeah,..can't stand CTD,...the jury is still out on Dicks. I have only been to mine ( it's new) 2 times,and they already pluck my nerves. The Remington GB's are only carried in 525 Packs, and they are less$$ then online,..but still 50-60% over. Normal price...,..they are carrying Fiocchi fresh fire cans in 22LR(100 & 325 rds.) and handgun Ammo in the 100 & 250 rd. Packs), but they won't order other models of Scopes and red dots from the same companies they are already carrying, so I wound up getting my TruGlo EDS from Nachez anyway, and pd. The same price for a better model but also had to pay extra for shipping...
Then bough two handgun cheapies from CDNN for the 22 pistols...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...