First .22 Rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > First .22 Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default First .22 Rifle

I picked up a Marlin Model 795 with a 4x32 scope yesterday at Gander Mountain for 169$ for the package. It's the first rifle I have ever purchased, but seems like a good place to start. I want it primarily for target shooting.
My Dad owns two Marlin Rifles, and I thought, if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me. (Back in the fifties Pop won a bunch of shooting awards as a teenager, and is a discriminating firearm enthusiast.)
The 795 has a polymer stock, which I actually wanted for my utility target rifle.
I thought the price with a scope included was pretty reasonable.
I'll be going out to the range this week if weather permits.

Best regards,
XGrunt
"No one is faster than a speeding bullet."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here