Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Federal goose-chase? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/federal-goose-chase-15470/)

T.Mihm 07-06-2009 03:41 PM

Federal goose-chase?

Hey guys. My old mossie loves the Federal Champ 50-rd boxes, and I wanted to go get some bulk, but I can't seem to find ANYWHERE that stocks it anymore. The three Walmarts around don't have it in stock. The online places that I found on google never have it in stock. Most of the local shops don't have it period.

Should I just look harder, or try and find a different kind of ammo my gun likes? CCI? American Eagle bulk? Thanks for any help.

-Travis

Shotgun Shooter 07-06-2009 04:14 PM

Try some other kinds. It seems like you're going through alot of trouble to find this one kind. My 10/22 shoots everything I feed her.

S.S.

T.Mihm 07-06-2009 05:17 PM

Yeah, I think I'm just going to start buying a few 50cts of whatever ammo is at the local store and see what groups best. The Federal is great stuff, but I can't find it, no use sitting around waiting for it to show up. I'm NOT missing Tango's shoot this month if it kills me haha.

Any Mossie owners out there care to share what works best for you?

-Travis

Gojubrian 07-06-2009 08:51 PM

I haven't seen much bulk .22 anything at wally world for a while.

I've been buying the more expensive cci's. :rolleyes:

RL357Mag 07-06-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Mihm (Post 125569)
Hey guys. My old mossie loves the Federal Champ 50-rd boxes, and I wanted to go get some bulk, but I can't seem to find ANYWHERE that stocks it anymore. The three Walmarts around don't have it in stock. The online places that I found on google never have it in stock. Most of the local shops don't have it period.

Should I just look harder, or try and find a different kind of ammo my gun likes? CCI? American Eagle bulk? Thanks for any help.

-Travis

I'm having the same problem - my Henry lever ONLY shoots Federal 36 gr. RN or HP Value pack ammo accurately. WalMart used to sell them for $12 a brick. It's been over two months since they had ANY bulk .22 ammo. Occasionally they get some in, but I've been told repeatedly that they stock the shelves at 7 am and are sold out by 9 am....I don't get it! WTF are people doing? Hanging out at WalMart before going to work in the morning? I'm giving up on the .22 until I can get the ammo I need.

Shotgun Shooter 07-06-2009 10:40 PM

I too havent seen many bricks of 22 at Walmart.
I like buying 50rd packs so I can try out different brands.
But, I have an unopened brick of federals on top of my remington golden bullet brick.

S.S.

RL357Mag 07-06-2009 10:59 PM

CCI MiniMags are always in stock - but at $6.50/100 they can keep them! My old Mossberg shoots them accurately which is why I used it for the Tango Shooting Fest.

masterPsmith 07-06-2009 11:15 PM

Federal HP Value Pack works very well in my Mossy 144LSB and in my custom 1022. I still have almost 3000 rounds left. Will last me until I can re-stock if I don't go hog wild. I also have some Hansen Target and some Remingtons that work even better. I am ready for this months shoot. I just have to get out and do it..

Jim..............

RL357Mag 07-06-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masterPsmith (Post 125732)
Federal HP Value Pack works very well in my Mossy 144LSB and in my custom 1022. I still have almost 3000 rounds left. Will last me until I can re-stock if I don't go hog wild. I also have some Hansen Target and some Remingtons that work even better. I am ready for this months shoot. I just have to get out and do it..

Jim..............

So YOU'RE the reason Wally World is sold out!!!:D

T.Mihm 07-07-2009 04:24 AM

Think I'm going with some CCI's.

I've read conflicting reports about using anything other than .22LR in a 151K. Could anyone tell me for sure whether or not it will fire them? I would think that shorts would have loading problems due to the tube magazine, and I'm not familiar with .22 Longs. What's a CB? Same thing as a short?

-Travis