Drinking the 10/22 Kool-Aid - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Drinking the 10/22 Kool-Aid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 05:00 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Mounting the scope that high would ruin your fit & cheekweld would be non-existant. You would have to raise your head plumb up off the stock to look/sight through the scope. Your shooting would suffer.
Makes sense...thanks again.

Ok one more question...what's the benefit of an adjustable objective...does it help with the long eye relief? My exposure to optics is limited to astronomical scopes, the issues are probably similar but I just want to be certain that I am not making false assumptions.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-21-2010, 05:10 AM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Most scopes meant for centerfire rifles have the parallax factory adjusted for 100-150 yards. Rimfire scopes are typically adjusted by the factory to be parallax free @ 50 yards. An adjustable objective allows you to be parallax free at whatever distance you're shooting. It also adjusts the focus to be sharp at that distance as well.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-21-2010, 05:20 AM   #23

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Got it...tripled my knowledge of rifle scopes tonight with all the help.

Thanks everyone for your advice and recommendations. Now I have some shopping to do.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-21-2010, 05:28 AM   #24

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Most scopes meant for centerfire rifles have the parallax factory adjusted for 100-150 yards. Rimfire scopes are typically adjusted by the factory to be parallax free @ 50 yards. An adjustable objective allows you to be parallax free at whatever distance you're shooting. It also adjusts the focus to be sharp at that distance as well.
As usual, Bear you are a wealth of knowledge. Everytime I read your posts I learn the answers to questions I never thought to ask.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 03-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #25

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Awww Geee thanks!

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-21-2010, 06:54 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

GREAT choice, beautiful rifle!!!

Old 03-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #27

Liked 135 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 245

you will enjoy it most definitely, as do I with the one i bought a few months back...so much so i still haven't sent mine of to have the trigger retuned by stalking bear yet - which i still want to do (and will).

they're fun, enjoy!!

Old 03-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Get the Bear's trigger job. You will be surprised at how good the trigger will be.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
For the price (<$40 and the customer service) you could do a lot worse!

SWFA Riflescopes Simmons Rifle Scopes Simmons .22 Mag Rifle Scopes
is that a Tuger 10/22 as well? Just a different paint job?

Old 03-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #30

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

V3 I don't know for sure but that looks to be a Duracoat (or the like) finish on that pictured rifle. It does look to be a Ruger 10-22 though. It's just hard to go wrong with one They make a TON of stuff for them to make them look and fire about any way you want.

I have a Bushnell Sportview 4x12x40 on my 10-22. It has the adjustable objective and I love it. It's an older scope but works great. My father in law got one not long ago from Natchez That was cloudy. He got it replaced and it was better but it still isn't as good as the older one I or he has. I picked up a Simmons ProSport 3x9x40 for a 17hmr rifle that does real well. Believe it was from as Walmart and pretty reasonable priced if I remember.