Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Drinking the 10/22 Kool-Aid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 02:57 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Thanks...looked at this exact scope at Dick's earlier today, they wanted 49.99 but were out of stock. You're right it's exactly what I am looking for. I just wanted to get some other opinions before jumping in. How is the eye relief, it seemed to darken up around the edges at under 2".

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-21-2010, 03:02 AM   #12

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

For the price (<$40 and the customer service) you could do a lot worse!

SWFA Riflescopes Simmons Rifle Scopes Simmons .22 Mag Rifle Scopes

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-21-2010, 03:07 AM   #13

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
For the price (<$40 and the customer service) you could do a lot worse!

SWFA Riflescopes Simmons Rifle Scopes Simmons .22 Mag Rifle Scopes
I know I made the right choice...Cane just recommended the same thing I did.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 03-21-2010, 03:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
I know I made the right choice...Cane just recommended the same thing I did.
I got your back brother!

But I'm also recommending the seller, SWFA.

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 03-21-2010, 03:10 AM   #15

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Thanks...looked at this exact scope at Dick's earlier today, they wanted 49.99 but were out of stock. You're right it's exactly what I am looking for. I just wanted to get some other opinions before jumping in. How is the eye relief, it seemed to darken up around the edges at under 2".
The eye relief is the only thing I don't like. It is a little on the long side. I think I'll be getting some rings that move it forward about a .5". But I have had several other scopes on the same rifle and I have never been as happy as I am with this one. I didn't mention the eye relief problem, because this is a common problem for me and I thought it was just me.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 03-21-2010, 03:20 AM   #16

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Any time a trigger is rough or heavy it will affect your shooting accuracy.

Are there any wal-marts around where you're at? If so you can get a Centerpoint 4x-16x-42mm that features AO and includes rings for about 70$. I'd recommend stay away from the real tell ironsiter rings.

Quote:
Any suggestions for a scope for the rifle shown above? Use will be 100% plinking at 25-50 yds, 100 yds max, no hunting, pest control at all.

I was thinking of a 3-9x32 or 40 on high rise mount so I could still use iron sights. Don't want to double gun price so $100 top end on scope, mounts, rings, etc. Does it matter that it's a rimfire versus centerfire scope, if so why?

Are the triggers really in need of work out of the box and will that matter at 25-50 yards? Bear????

Thanks for any replies....

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Are there any wal-marts around where you're at? .
Oh yeah there's an infamous one that's been in the news for the last few days. I'll check that scope out, thanks.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-21-2010, 03:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Oh yeah there's an infamous one that's been in the news for the last few days. I'll check that scope out, thanks.
The Simmons is also available with AO for $59 at SWFA.

Bear has a good point by staying away from the tall scope rings. You want to keep the scope as close to the CL of the barrel as you can.

- orangello

Old 03-21-2010, 03:48 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
The Simmons is also available with AO for $59 at SWFA.

Bear has a good point by staying away from the tall scope rings. You want to keep the scope as close to the CL of the barrel as you can.
So you and Bear recommend using either the scope or the iron sights but don't try to rig it to use both by using hi-rise rings?

Old 03-21-2010, 03:53 AM   #20

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Mounting the scope that high would ruin your fit & cheekweld would be non-existant. You would have to raise your head plumb up off the stock to look/sight through the scope. Your shooting would suffer.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!