Disposal of unfired crap ammo - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Disposal of unfired crap ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default A rvolver?

Maybe you could get on of this an dispose of all that ammo down the range, or use it as a backup, this tool will eat anything .22 caliber

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 10-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

I can only suggest using it up. I am always amazed at the thinking of only cheap or crappy stuff should be used in survival situations. I have seen many people deep into the unknown that had bald spare tires, cheap cheap truck tools, guns and ammo on their last legs, cheap flashlights with dim batteries, and every kind of cheap Wally World survival crap all held in reserve for when SHTF day. I myself cant even imagine NEEDING such ammo and it failing so often. I would use it up and keep the very best for bad days to come. The same goes for all the above mentioned items, only the best for survival for me, it doesnt matter I had to work overtime to buy these and put them into "storage". Just my opinion.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #13

Default Stuck case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
I haven't fired enough of it to determine whether it's dud ridden. The 3 to 4 shot groups seem decent, then I get to spend several minutes trying to remove a stuck case. Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep them from sticking? When I can't get them to extract properly from a bolt action, there is a problem
In the MKIII, I had to have one of the range officers hunt down a cleaning rod to get it out, all while everyone was waiting for the line to be called safe. Not cool.
I get the same problem sometimes with a mosin plus with soviet era amunition.

The thing of it is, it took a lot of work to get all that varnish looking Cosmoline, I had to use a steamer for the most part, but also, soviet ammo seems to have a thin layer of some kind of varnish, as the barrel heats up, it melts it and residue starts to accumulate, the Poof! a stuck case

This however worked for me:

Plus the help of a cooper brush to clean the chamber, it'll last for about 50 rounds before it happens again, My two cents.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 10-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Take it along to the range and use in a bolt action - if you have one, or just use it for some fun plinking at a rock or some other target. And as also posted, stash it and use it when all else is gone or fails. Ammo doesn't wear out very often unless contaminated with something like WD-40 that gets around the lead and into the powder. I have ammo 30 years old that shoots as new. Store indoors or anywhere to avoid super hot (120 degrees +). Cold won't affect it at all.