Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Daughter wants her own .22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 685 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitSports6 View Post
Hi all.
Ive been pouring over the internet the last few days looking at different .22's I think my brain is about to melt...
Anyhow, My daughter (9 years old) thinks she wants her own .22 rifle, She said "Max(7 years old) has his own and I'm older" So I have been thinking I should look into a somewhat less expensive rifle, Well, The Davey Cricket is running between $125-150 locally, Do any of you have a reason NOT to purchace one? Dont get me wrong I would love to buy her a $300 Henry .22 like her brother, But if its just going to sit around I would rather save a little, I like the idea of a bolt action, But I think a rifle that held more than one bullet at a time would be more beneficial.
Just for a little back ground, My daughter is legally blind so she obviously doesnt need the most acurate rifle made, She is very good with her hands so I dont think the single shot bolt action would give her any issues, I think I have a bigger hang up on that option.
If you have any thoughts please feel free to post up.
Thanks
Hey bro. Legally blind people can still shoot well. My wife is legally blind and she can out shoot me with the 10/22 with a good scope on it and my youngest son is legally blind in one eye and he does pretty good with a bigger scope on his 22.
My two cents... get her a good .22 with a good zooming scope and use it to help build her self a steam.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 10-04-2010, 02:40 AM   #22

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Hey bro. Legally blind people can still shoot well. My wife is legally blind and she can out shoot me with the 10/22 with a good scope on it and my youngest son is legally blind in one eye and he does pretty good with a bigger scope on his 22.
My two cents... get her a good .22 with a good zooming scope and use it to help build her self a steam.

Excellent!
Thanks for the post.
I am searching for a good scope that has a larger viewing field at the eye piece, Most of her vision is peripheral, So I know it would be a learning process.
Thanks again

Old 10-04-2010, 02:53 AM   #23

Liked 685 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitSports6 View Post
I forgot to post up the happy little princess, She even dressed to match.

HAhaha... I guess I didn't read far enough. You already got her one. Cool cool. She looks tickled as can be. Good father daughter time to come I'm sure.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington