Damn this .22lr Jag!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Damn this .22lr Jag!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Default Damn this .22lr Jag!!!

Ok so to the point. Iv got my Ruger 10/22 and I cant seem to find a single jag thatll go from muzzle to chamber (as it wont even enter the muzzle) or from chamber to muzzle (as it wont make it all the way before becoming stuck). This isnt the first jag Iv had this problem with. Any advice or can someone at least tell me where the hell I can get a jag thatll work?!

Any help is appreciated!

---Justin

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #2

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

It is not the jag it is the patch. Get patches made for 17 to 22 cal rimfires.

Outers Cleaning Patches 17 to 22 Caliber Square Synthetic Package of 225 - MidwayUSA

Old 03-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

second on the patches. I find that round patches work better with the smaller calibers.
Maybe you might find a bore snake easier

montveil in the NC mountains
Salute
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:09 AM   #4

Im fairly sure I have the .22 patches, but they are the square cut ones. Have to look into some round ones I suppose.

Thanks guys!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 03-27-2010, 05:49 AM   #5

Liked 357 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

For inquiring minds.....
What type/brand of cleaning rod and jag are you using?

And it IS a jag - not a slotted patch holder, correct?

Old 03-27-2010, 05:55 AM   #6

Quote:
For inquiring minds.....
What type/brand of cleaning rod and jag are you using?

And it IS a jag - not a slotted patch holder, correct?

It is indeed a actual Jag. Im not anywhere near the rod at this moment but when I get a chance Ill go grab it and give you the specifics

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 03-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

If your patch extends beyond the jag recess it will jam in the barrel. Maybe just cutting the corners of the square ones and ensuring the patch rear will fall behind the jag into the recess
IMO only that part of the jag shoulder does the cleaning and the rest is along for the ride and to pick up loose stuff

montveil in the NC mountains
Salute
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Open for debate....

I was taught a long time ago to only start from the chamber, never go in backwards.

Anyone else ever heard this?

Old 03-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #9

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Make sure you have a jag for a 22LR which is a bullet diameter = .223 in, Not a jag intended for the .223 Rem which is a bullet diameter = .224 in.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Open for debate....

I was taught a long time ago to only start from the chamber, never go in backwards.

Anyone else ever heard this?
Heard it hundreds of thousands of times, but its the only way unless you have a bore snake. I clean my marlin 60 from muzzle to chamber with a new patch each time through, I haven't seen anything that would indicate it is affecting accuracy.