Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Daisy .22 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/daisy-22-a-72165/)

hareebrownbeest 09-10-2012 06:30 AM

Daisy .22

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 57810

Attachment 57811

Attachment 57812

Had this rifle for awhile now. It shoots dead on with iron (plastic) sights but decided to get a scope for it today. I am missing the clip, it's very similar to a ruger but is a slight bit different. If anyone has any info on where to find a clip for this I'd appreciate it. I will keep looking though.

hareebrownbeest 09-10-2012 06:35 AM

Sorry it's a Daisy .22 Legacy, I know, Daisy??? The gun is mostly made of plastic, the butt extends with the push of a button (kinda cool), but like I said it shoots great all day long.

bearrwe 09-10-2012 07:47 AM

I looked thru my old parts and checked some inventory sheets from the guys I swap obsolete parts with and got nothing. From what I can tell your best bet may be going thru boxes of misc gun parts and mags at gun shows and flea markets until you find one. I can't think of anywhere offhand you can order one from Numrich is out . Maybe call Daisy, maybe they could tell you where to find one.

mountainman13 09-10-2012 10:59 AM

Magazine.....;)

Gh0zt36 09-12-2012 12:00 AM

I got a funny story about one of those. I was driving to my friends house. and I had my daisy on the front seat , the magazine was fully loaded in the gun. not in the chamber though . and so I get pulled over and im like f@#k this is not good. So cop comes to my window. And see's the .22lr and he says ... hey gimmie that. and im like awww crap im goin to jail . So he looks at it . aims it towards some woods , and then he says " I had one of these when I was a kid , but I dont care if it's a bb gun you dont carry it on the front seat like that " and hands it back to me ... lets me go on whatever I got pulled for < i really dont remember why he pulled me > and lets me go. I was like :eek: THANK GOD FOR PLASTIC .22S THAT LOOK LIKE BB GUNS !!!! It had the octagonal barrel and collapsable buttstock as well.

Wish I had never got rid of that thing . It was a blast to shoot.

hareebrownbeest 09-12-2012 12:08 AM

That's a great story:) yeah it's a decent .22, shoots damn straight and has never had an issue , besides me losing the magazine. I just load one at at time, saves me on ammo anyway:)

Gh0zt36 09-12-2012 12:14 AM

seeing as theyre both 10 rd barrel mags as I remember maybe a 10/22 mag will work??

hareebrownbeest 09-12-2012 12:23 AM

Sorry to sound dumb but what's that? Are you talking about a ruger magazine? I've tried, it's very very close and I even tried to modify one and it didn't work.

Gh0zt36 09-12-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hareebrownbeest (Post 937333)
Sorry to sound dumb but what's that? Are you talking about a ruger magazine? I've tried, it's very very close and I even tried to modify one and it didn't work.

" The only stupid question is the question not asked " - Unknown

Yes , I'm sorry I should've made myself more clear. The ruger 10/22 comes with a barrel magazine very similar to the daisy but if you tried that then that's a bummer.

hareebrownbeest 09-12-2012 12:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 58366

Attachment 58367

Here's that hex barrel your talking about. I read that they only made 200 of these. Is that true? Kinda seems like there's a lot out there.