Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > CZ 512 semi-auto 22lr, first impressions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default CZ 512 semi-auto 22lr, first impressions

The 512 is a radically different 22 rifle from CZ-USA and one thing became apparent right from the get go - this is one cool rifle. It shouldered extremely well, and felt good to all three of us here, including Squirt.

Dissaembly was VERY unsual, being it is a poly/metal hybrid gun, and the disassembly instructions need to be followed. I don't remember ever having a gun that came apart like this before.

You MUST use the "tuning fork" recoil spring guide that is supplied to get those dual recoil springs back in the bolt. Once you follow the direction, strip and reassemble is a snap, but getting USED to it is weird at first. Also wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in another recoil spring guide in case the first onesnaps or is lost.

How does it shoot? We found that out today.

Ricky likes it. Recoil was, of course, practically non existant. There WAS a strange "sproing" in the ear from the dual recoil springs, actually reminded me a little of AR buffer tube recoil spring "sproing". But functioning was excellent. Only fly in the ointment was the Federal cheap bulk pack ammo - several misfires. Every 22 I have ever shot with this ammo had the occasional misfire.
This was supposed to be a 5 round group at 25 yards, but only 4 rounds fired - I'd throw this stuff out, but I have too much of it and very little any other 22 ammo...

When I switched to the Aguila match stuff, not one problem, all good.

All in all the first impressions of the CZ 512 are excellent, and I expect we'll have a LOT of fun with this rifle in the future.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Nice looking stick. Looks like it's turning in some good groups, too.

I have a ZKM611 in .22WMR that is a pretty nice piece of kit, so if yours is anything like it you have a great rifle. I look forward to some more range reports as you put more rounds down range.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #3

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

resembles my old Daisy powerline 770.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Reminds me of the Browning auto rifles, I might have to add one of these to the gun cabinet later this year.