Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > CZ 452 Trainer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CZ 452 Trainer

Well I finally did it. I went to the Fowler Gun Room in Orange and bought a CZ 452. In 10 days It will be mine.

Besides a good cleaning and running a few rounds through it, what shall I look out for?

The target in the box had a nice 1" group in 5 rounds. Is there certain types of ammunition to stay away from?

Should I stay away from naked lead rounds?

Any tips from the experienced shooters out there?

I'm thinking on putting a 3-9 power scope on the cz. Any recommendations on a good, inexpensive scope?

Anticipation and excitement is running high here.

i.candide
Dangerous to oneself

Last edited by icandide; 11-06-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I'm not an experienced shooter, but I've got good results with my .22lr 452 Varmint and CCI Standard bulk ammo. When I do my part I can get 0.3" groups (5 shots) at 50 yards. Those CCI's are naked lead so no problems there (unless you bought a .17HMR, then I don't know). Only thing I've done to my rifle is a Yodave trigger kit to make the trigger crisper and lighter. The trigger kit is a great and cheap upgrade if your gun doesn't have the set trigger.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #3

You made a fine choice with the CZ452, hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine.

My CZ452 isn't picky about choice of ammo. I use Win T22 or American Eagle most of the time. Try various brands and see for yourself what it likes.

I use a 4x16 40 AO scope on the CZ and like it very much. You get to see the holes in the target without walking up to it. IMO an adjustable objective scope is more accurate especially when shooting various distances.

Good luck with yours.
Ed

Old 11-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #4

Thank you, Ed for the good words. I will try the Win T22 and American Eagle. Enjoy your CZ as well.

i.candide
Dangerous to oneself

Old 11-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #5

Thank you, AleksiR. I had to 'get smart' on trigger kits. Are you referring to something like the Yodave kit? It really makes a difference?

I was thinking that any mods like that would involve a gunsmith, but now if the trigger seems not to feel right, I will try the kit. It seems the economical thing to do.

i.candide
Dangerous to oneself

Old 11-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Yes, I meant the Yodave trigger kit you can find on ebay for 18$. The stock trigger isn't too bad but the trigger kit makes it just wonderful. I highly recommend getting one. You can get it installed by a gunsmith or you can just go ahead and do it yourself. It's pretty simple operation and there are good instructional videos on youtube.