Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > CZ 452 Lux 22 l.r.- Cleaning Instructions/Video Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CZ 452 Lux 22 l.r.- Cleaning Instructions/Video Needed

I just picked up my newly bought CZ 452 Lux last Sat. This is my first rifle ever bought. What a beautifully made rifle!

I went to the range and shot over 200 shots on Sun. It's very accurate shooting. Now I need to clean my CZ thoroughly. Please give step by step instructions on cleaning. Is there a good video available that you can share? I tried a search on YouTube but didn't have much luck.

For now, I just used a cleaning rod to put a few patches through the barrel. Then, I used a gun cleaning cloth to wipe the gun(barrel outside, stock, etc). I did not disassemble the bolt nor did I cleaning the inside of the chamber/receiver.

Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #2

You might find both of these on their web, I know They'll email the instruction book.

CZ-USA -> Hunting & Sporting Firearms and Accessories

Old 11-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #3

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Do you have the manual that came w/ your rifle???

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #4

Just cleaned my CZ 452 per the manual and instruction on the solvent bottle. I didn't disassemble the bolt and will wait until I shoot 500 rounds out of it.

Thanks.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #5

You should take the bolt out, so you can clean from the breech end.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #6

Yes. I took the bolt out and used a bore guide and inserted the rod from the rear.
But I didn't take the bolt apart and clean it this time. Tks.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:03 AM   #7

From the better living through chemistry book, there're several good light lubricating oils that also preventing rust, dissolving carbon and help drain metal dust.

I use TSI 301, but there're others better known and with a more numerous user community, from whom you can get recommendations.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #8

Default Lubricant

Thanks for the suggestion.

I used Shooter's Choice FP-10 gun oil to protect/lubricate the inside of barrel and the outside of bolt. And I used gun cleaning cloth (moistured with some oil?) to clean the outside of barrel and stock, bolt, etc.

Next time, I'll dissassemble the bolt and clean it.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #9

Default Cz 452

I suggested a good cleaner/lubricant as a way to avoid dis-assembly of the bolt.

Simply put a drop or two of FP-10 into the firing pin hole, stand the bolt with firing pin hole up to allow the C/L to coat the length. After a few minutes, reverse the bolt so it stands on the firing pin hole end, to allow any excess C/L to drain out along with any carbon and metal dust.

This will keep the bolt clean and in working order. You'll have to do a major dis-assembly and cleaning but using this system will cut the frequency.

Were you able to get the owners manual from CZ?

Apparently, somewhere on this site there's a 452 cleaning video.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #10

The owner's manual comes with the rifle, which I bought brand new. I've been to the range twice and shot over 400 shots so far. I just love the 452. Very smooth and accurate.

Maybe after 200 more shots I'll dissassemble the bolt but in between I'll just use FP-10 to drop thru the fire pin hole.

Thanks.