CZ 452/455 and which model - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > CZ 452/455 and which model

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks...i'll go check it out now!
Yes i have noticed and awful lot of americans for sale, and have been put off that model myself by the lack of iron sights too. I am leaning towards the 455 Lux tbh. The look of it draws me in.....

Old 07-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2815 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilet699 View Post
Yes, the first 2 pictures, although not bolt and caliber, would describe exactly the idea i was looking for. No bolt action though you think like this? Grr! It is something i could live without i suppose, would just have been a really nice touch for what i want personally. I'd really rather keep the bolt action than switch to a lever, and i wont be getting a semi-auto until i invest in a LMT .308 (British thing) I just really want the bolt action, one for the sweet stroke of the action and also im not looking to ping off rounds with this, more take my time and enjoy it. And also hopefully become somewhat proficient!
haha, I've looked at a few M&P 15-22's on my research rounds, nothing quite like that though! Pink wouldnt exactly be my first choice, but heck, im comfortable with myself, i could rock that. haha.
I kind of relate to your plight. I love my bolt action .22s. An there's really nothing quite like cycling a high quality bolt action. Mine are an old Kimber model 82 and a couple old Winchesters (69 & 69A). In a "money is no object" world, I would hunt down an Anschutz 54 Sporter. I don't own a semi auto .22, and have no immediate plans to.
Your requirement for Irons adds a layer of complication. Optics are quite reliable and make life easier for aging eyes. My first thought would be a set of see-through scope mountswith a 2-7X or a 3-9x scope.

I will admit to not being up on the latest intricacies on the CZ rimfire lineup. My, admittedly, less than helpful suggestion would be: Get the one that appeals to your eye. Of course if you want Iron sights, your choices are somewhat limited.
I kind of like the 455 Varmint myself.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 07-24-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

of all the 22 rifles I have ever shot, my 455 Lux is number 1

I paid about 375. for it And the extra magazines were ordered straight from the CZ USA plant and had no delays. This was about last october last year.

It would be my first 22 rifle if I could do it all over again.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #14

Exactly....its all about cycling that bolt. My eyes aren't too bad though! At the grand old age of 25, well 26 in 6 days, i can still see my own toes!

Ah yes, the Anschutz....... Mrs said No. Not allowed it for a first rifle. Not entirely sure why as she knows my shopping list includes $1k AR, $3k LMT .308 etc etc etc. But she said i ''have to be sensible'' with the first one. She's pregnant. I dont argue!!! I'm just glad shes letting me have them! haha.

ANYWAY..... so with these see through scope mounts.....I would be able to leave them on and use the iron sights through them perhaps? Would i have to re sight my scope every time etc? Sorry.... complete dummy on this!

Well, on them lines, the LUX was the one that really catches me, and tbh, i dont really know the advantages of the heavier barrel etc of the varmint.....?

Old 07-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #15

Thanks Anna, good to have a thumbs up for the 455! I'm half set on it, but i don't want something that i might regret. I dont think i will, but rather try and be sure!

Old 07-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2815 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Exactly....its all about cycling that bolt. My eyes aren't too bad though! At the grand old age of 25, well 26 in 6 days, i can still see my own toes! Enjoy it while you can. Age tends to sneak up when your not looking. On day you're Hawkeye, the next your hunting for your reading glasses.
Ah yes, the Anschutz....... Mrs said No. Not allowed it for a first rifle. Not entirely sure why as she knows my shopping list includes $1k AR, $3k LMT .308 etc etc etc. But she said i ''have to be sensible'' with the first one. She's pregnant. I don't argue!!! I'm just glad shes letting me have them! haha.

ANYWAY..... so with these see through scope mounts.....I would be able to leave them on and use the iron sights through them perhaps?
Yes. Though some comfort issues from the height of the scope could occur. You really won't know till you try.
Would I have to re sight my scope every time etc?
To some extent, yes. If you pull it off and replace it, you will typically be fairly close. But spot on, is probably asking a bit much. But hey, you never know. Much may also depend on you and what is "good enough."
There are removable scope mounts theoretically made precise enough be in zero. I have no experience with those and I tend to take nothing for granted where scope zero is concerned.

Sorry.... complete dummy on this! It's cool. Better to ask than to simply assume. Too much of that in the world already.
Well, on them lines, the LUX was the one that really catches me, and tbh, i dont really know the advantages of the heavier barrel etc of the varmint.....?
Stiffer, thicker barrels tend to be less affected by temperature change and tend to vibrate less. Thus, all other things being equal, theoretically more accurate.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 07-24-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #17

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hey guys good topic, looking for a bolt action .22 but I want to mount a scope, looking to shoot 100 to 200 yards. This will be my first bolt action, I have the MP15-22 with over 4600 rounds great gun, but looking to slow it down at the range. Try to keep cost around $400 with the scope...thanks

image-1435164162.jpg  

Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Thanks Anna, good to have a thumbs up for the 455! I'm half set on it, but i don't want something that i might regret. I dont think i will, but rather try and be sure!
Another nice feature of the 455 is you can interchange barrels (make sure which model will go with which barrel) to make it a 17HMR, or 22WMR for about 135 dollars more and you now have '2' rifles.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Nilet699
Exactly....its all about cycling that bolt. My eyes aren't too bad though! At the grand old age of 25, well 26 in 6 days, i can still see my own toes! Enjoy it while you can. Age tends to sneak up when your not looking. On day you're Hawkeye, the next your hunting for your reading glasses.
Ah yes, the Anschutz....... Mrs said No. Not allowed it for a first rifle. Not entirely sure why as she knows my shopping list includes $1k AR, $3k LMT .308 etc etc etc. But she said i ''have to be sensible'' with the first one. She's pregnant. I don't argue!!! I'm just glad shes letting me have them! haha.

ANYWAY..... so with these see through scope mounts.....I would be able to leave them on and use the iron sights through them perhaps?
Yes. Though some comfort issues from the height of the scope could occur. You really won't know till you try.
Would I have to re sight my scope every time etc?
To some extent, yes. If you pull it off and replace it, you will typically be fairly close. But spot on, is probably asking a bit much. But hey, you never know. Much may also depend on you and what is "good enough."
There are removable scope mounts theoretically made precise enough be in zero. I have no experience with those and I tend to take nothing for granted where scope zero is concerned.
Sorry.... complete dummy on this! It's cool. Better to ask than to simply assume. Too much of that in the world already.
Stiffer, thicker barrels tend to be less affected by temperature change and tend to vibrate less. Thus, all other things being equal, theoretically more accurate...........
Your telling me! I was 18, bright eyed and bushy tailed yesterday! Now i have moved half way across the world, im getting married, having a little one, and buying guns! Im very aware of how its flying by me almost!

Spot on probably is asking too much your right........ way this is going, CZ will be getting a double sale out of me :-)

"good enough" would be perfect! Nothing less!

So, the heavier barrel is ''theoretically'' more accurate......you sound unsure/like you disagree???

Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The heavier barrel takes longer to heat up, but then also takes longer to cool down. With a 22LR, I wouldn't worry to much about that. But a thicker heavier barrel is more stable than a thinner barrel, yes, do to the shell speeding down the barrel and causing harmonics =(vibrations).

Also a heavier gun will not 'buck' in the wind, or move as easily with you as your heart beats and your lungs exhale/inhale. It is one reason why olympic shooters wear 80 pound 'suits'. But if you plan on hiking with it, a heavier gun can have its drawbacks too.

Last edited by Anna_Purna; 07-24-2013 at 09:38 PM.