cracked stock - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

cracked stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I got a replacement stock from Marlin and it was only 60$.
"Guns kill people.
Bull Sh*t!
Guns dont kill people, husbands who come home early kill people. The gun was just sitting there. So if guns kill people, that means I can blame my bad spelling on my pencil."
-Larry the Cable Guy
Old 12-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default cracked stock

if you still have the old stock try an fix it to see how easy it is to repair
# 1 get some 2 part epoxie from your local hardwear store an mix some up an put it in the crack, if crack goes all the way through put tape on the finished side to stop it from running out then clamp the little bit left over will tell you when it is set don't wait till rock solid the large pool of epoxis will set up frist, the thinner the epoxie the longer it takes to set. so use you judgement on taking the tape off, but befor it is rock solid so you can clean up the ridges alcohol on a cotton cloth this is best when the epoxieis still a little soft [not rock hard ] do not get the fast setting epoxie, you want 1 hr to 2 hr set time this will also help in the repair as it will soak into
the wood to get a better bond with the wood an not sit on it,

# 2 get a accurglass kit an glass bed in an around the screw holes so the metal around the holes is on the epoxie an not air between the metal an wood
there again when you take the gun out of the stock don't wait till rock hard
still a little soft like an 1-2 HR not over night or longer the epoxie gets harder the longer it sits for the frist 24 hrs, or longer, no 2 epoxies are the same on cureing time all differant but they all get harder in time for the frist few days, if I can be of help ley me know

PS if you use clamps to bring the stock togther do not take off clamps for a couple of days let set up [rock hard] only take the tape off an clean up,
elect. tape is good for that [ 3M the best]

Last edited by jsid6g; 12-03-2009 at 07:36 PM.