A couple old .22 rifles, opinions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > A couple old .22 rifles, opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default A couple old .22 rifles, opinions

I've got a couple old .22 rifles I'm selling as I'm liquidating a collection. Just curious to see what everyone's opinions are on them

Remington 550-1 .22 that shoots shorts, longs, and long rifle cartridges. It was a Weaver C6 scope with the Weaver tipoff mount. Production stamps date it to March 1967. It's in excellent condition.

This one is an InterArms .22 ATD LR It's the Norinco clone of the Browning SA22. It is in excellent condition as well. Has a nifty little loading slot in the stock.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Wow they are in amazing shape. I'm familiar with the Remington. It isn't very valuable but it is a good little gun. Don't know much about the other.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Wow they are in amazing shape. I'm familiar with the Remington. It isn't very valuable but it is a good little gun. Don't know much about the other.
Most of the guns from this collection appear to be unfired, or only a few rounds through them. The condition is quite amazing given a few of them are from the 1960's.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8835 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Have 4 of the 550-1s. Neat little rifle. Would expect yours to be in the $200 range, plus or minus $25. One of the very few 22 autos that will cycle with CCI .22 CB Longs.

Not familiar withe the clone, but the original Browning was a really sweet rifle.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Have 4 of the 550-1s. Neat little rifle. Would expect yours to be in the $200 range, plus or minus $25. One of the very few 22 autos that will cycle with CCI .22 CB Longs.

Not familiar withe the clone, but the original Browning was a really sweet rifle.
You really think it's only worth $200? After searching a bunch of gunbroker auctions (with bids and completed) I saw them in the $225-$275 range without optics, and $300-$350 with an optic. I listed it on the high side expecting to negotiate it down a bit.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:37 AM   #6

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

With the current hysteria right now you might get more; however I would value the Remington in the $200-$250, and that's because it's in such nice condition and has the scope.

I'm not saying you can't get more from someone-- it looks like a nice little gun -- right now there is somewhat of a run on .22 autos.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
With the current hysteria right now you might get more; however I would value the Remington in the $200-$250, and that's because it's in such nice condition and has the scope.

I'm not saying you can't get more from someone-- it looks like a nice little gun -- right now there is somewhat of a run on .22 autos.
Granted, I see your angle. For having been made in 1967 and making it this far without any damage or abuse, I think she deserves a good home and someone to take her out and stretch her legs a bit. I hate seeing collectors buy anything of vintage only to lock it away to collect dust until they die and then it ends up in an estate sale.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 AM   #8

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

For the last few years I have been going retro -- I am buying older "classic" guns -- for example, the last gun I bought was a Ruger Super Single Six made in 1969; the one before that was a Winchester Model 12 made in 1924. I would love to have this gun in my collection, but I'm fortunate enough that I don't NEED any more guns, so I can sort of choose my deals. Good luck with selling it -- I agree it needs to go to a good home.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
For the last few years I have been going retro -- I am buying older "classic" guns -- for example, the last gun I bought was a Ruger Super Single Six made in 1969; the one before that was a Winchester Model 12 made in 1924. I would love to have this gun in my collection, but I'm fortunate enough that I don't NEED any more guns, so I can sort of choose my deals. Good luck with selling it -- I agree it needs to go to a good home.
Well it appears this one is going to be the first one to go. I'm meeting up with a guy in the morning at 11. Odd that of all those in this collection, the first one wanted was an old .22 I guess I would have probably done the same, given I dont' feel the need for more than 2 shotguns.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #10

Well it was. The Remington 550-1 sold for $350. I honestly priced it a bit high as it was my favorite of the ones i'm selling off. I kinda wanted to sell the rest and keep that one, figures it would be the first one out the door. Anyone have any experience shooting the InterArms one? Reliable?