Counting down the hours.... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Counting down the hours....


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gh0zt36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Micco,Florida
Posts: 1,488
Liked 263 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
Very nice rifle,Congrats!
thanks , can't wait to get the scope on it. I like that the rear iron sight is flip down too so you dont have to remove it .
Gh0zt36 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gh0zt36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Micco,Florida
Posts: 1,488
Liked 263 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Default

Aww yea . Scope came. My nikon prostaff rimfire 3-9x40 for the 10/22

Definitely going to need some quick disconnect rings though ... I dont think the scope on the reciver half is going to fit in the takedown pack : /
img_20121009_175500.jpg   img_20121009_174907.jpg  
Gh0zt36 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: \
Posts: 990
Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
thats a great scope. you will need 1 inch rings to fit the scope. however, you need to check the base or mount. i know alot of .22 rifles use a 3/8 dovetail.

so if thats the case i suggest this..
http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Airgun-Medium-Profile-Integral/dp/B002TUSJVQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1349456538&sr=8-9&keywords=one+piece+scope+mount+3%2F8
i have one for my marlin and nikon combo. works great!

if its not the case then you should be fine with any standerd rings.

you should post up a picture or 2
Ruger has never made a 10/22 with an integral dovetail.
__________________
"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/
Old_Crow is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: \
Posts: 990
Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
Aww yea . Scope came. My nikon prostaff rimfire 3-9x40 for the 10/22

Definitely going to need some quick disconnect rings though ... I dont think the scope on the reciver half is going to fit in the takedown pack : /
A screwdriver in your gun bag might prove to be as handy as the gun its self. I would use a conventional weaver mount.
__________________
"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/
Old_Crow is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jjfuller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place between here and there.
Posts: 4,657
Liked 1254 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 792

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Ruger has never made a 10/22 with an integral dovetail.
i might have known this if i owned one. thats why i said a lot. not all. :P
__________________
I have been a silent witness
to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
jjfuller1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gh0zt36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Micco,Florida
Posts: 1,488
Liked 263 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
A screwdriver in your gun bag might prove to be as handy as the gun its self. I would use a conventional weaver mount.
Which brings me to a different problem. I had an old set of rings laying around I tried to mount and the block on the underside of the ring mount thats supposed to sit in the space on the base is too wide and I compared the 10/22 factory scope base to another scope rail and the spaces for the rings on the 10/22 are alot thinner . Am I going to need special scope rings for the 10/22 base?? And also what profile rings should I go with for a 40mm lens scope with a 42mm housing? Med or Low? Sorry I'm such a noob lol

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 10-10-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Gh0zt36 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #17
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 6,783
Liked 2106 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 4539

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
Which brings me to a different problem. I had an old set of rings laying around I tried to mount and the block on the underside of the ring mount thats supposed to sit in the space on the base is too wide and I compared the 10/22 factory scope base to another scope rail and the spaces for the rings on the 10/22 are alot thinner . Am I going to need special scope rings for the 10/22 base?? And also what profile rings should I go with for a 40mm lens scope with a 42mm housing? Med or Low? Sorry I'm such a noob lol
I have the Ruger SR-22R love shooting it, as well as the MP 15-22. Since the SR-22R came with Picatinny setup, I had to go with at least 1 riser and still using 1" extra high rings. I use mostly Warne Quick release rings. I am thinking on getting one!

Here is an article from gunblast on the takedown:

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-1022TD.htm

Ruger forum has some discussion on the sites:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=159862
Bigcountry02 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gh0zt36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Micco,Florida
Posts: 1,488
Liked 263 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Default

Problemo solved ... I just went with a
UTG picatinny scope rail v notched so ill still be able to use the iron sights
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GNYCJ4/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00
And

UTG LE grade quad lock quick detach picatinny rings.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HIHQLM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01

And I picked up a hoppes bore snake too so once all this crap gets here ill finally be able to take the takedown and the 597 out and see what they can do .
Gh0zt36 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mdauben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 441
Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36
Problemo solved ... I just went with a
UTG picatinny scope rail v notched so ill still be able to use the iron sights
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GNYCJ4/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00
And

UTG LE grade quad lock quick detach picatinny rings.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HIHQLM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01.
That's exactly the same setup I put on my TD! I've been very pleased with it so far.
mdauben is offline  
Gh0zt36 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gh0zt36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Micco,Florida
Posts: 1,488
Liked 263 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
That's exactly the same setup I put on my TD! I've been very pleased with it so far.
Really........ Do the quick attach rings hold positive lock after a couple dis and re mounts? And does it hold zero well? I'm glad to hear someone on here had positive results . was kinda a shot in the dark as I've never used UTG products for scopes
Gh0zt36 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
spain will be counting the votes in our november election? downsouth Politics, Religion and Controversy 6 04-11-2012 04:21 PM
FFL Hours silverado113 NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 4 03-07-2012 07:59 PM
Counting crows 1982flh80 Hunting Forum 22 09-25-2011 12:34 AM



Newest Threads