Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   cooey model 75 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/cooey-model-75-a-93839/)

sunsoutgunsout 07-13-2013 07:28 AM

cooey model 75
 
Not a big question here, but just wondering how to take it apart so i can redo the barrel and stock. I'm thinking the screw at the bottom of the stock, but I don't want springs flying all over!

hiwall 07-13-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

the screw at the bottom of the stock
Yes. Nothing will fly out!

sunsoutgunsout 07-14-2013 09:03 PM

Haha ok just making sure, thanks!

mrt8110 07-19-2013 08:42 PM

That is the place to start... Cliff

willshoum 07-19-2013 09:29 PM

Take down............
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsoutgunsout (Post 1303050)
Not a big question here, but just wondering how to take it apart so i can redo the barrel and stock. I'm thinking the screw at the bottom of the stock, but I don't want springs flying all over!

Can't help you on the model 75, I have my fathers model 60 that was given to him as a wedding gift in 1946. I shoot often with it, and don't think I'll change the looks of it. Have fun..............:)

Leesa 08-03-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshoum (Post 1308967)

Can't help you on the model 75, I have my fathers model 60 that was given to him as a wedding gift in 1946. I shoot often with it, and don't think I'll change the looks of it. Have fun..............:)

I have a Cooey 75...just wondering how I cn find the year made on it? Trying to establish a value... may just keep for my grandsons?

willshoum 08-03-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leesa (Post 1324765)
I have a Cooey 75...just wondering how I cn find the year made on it? Trying to establish a value... may just keep for my grandsons?

Don"t let them pawn it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Leesa 08-06-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshoum (Post 1324797)

Don"t let them pawn it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No, not gonna pawn it. Might try shooting it tomorrow infact!

sunsoutgunsout 08-07-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leesa (Post 1324765)

I have a Cooey 75...just wondering how I cn find the year made on it? Trying to establish a value... may just keep for my grandsons?

Very hard to find a year on, the 75's were built before winchester bought (1903 - 1961 i believe) this was also before serial numbers were made mandatory! So your cooey can be 50 years old or it could be 100 years old, either way its an old rifle. I'd say heck with it and keep it for the grandchildren. Good little rifle, loads of fun!

sunsoutgunsout 08-07-2013 04:13 PM

Correction*

Before winchester bought out the company


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.