Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Conversation with Ruger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

A few.

1. Put TG in small bucket of water, then freeze it solid. Chip it out with an ice pick, and go from there.

2. A " crud/mud/blood" test. ( Get it dirty using several different types of crud like clay, sand,etc.......

Quick question.....
Have you weighed the TG yet? How does it compare weight wise to one of the older TG's?

Grunt

Old 04-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I'm not sure except to heat it up to test for warpage. Got any suggestions?
Yes Neil I do. Please find out exactly what is is made of? It isn't polymer plastic I assure you
You call it "plain" plastic which it is not! Yes it isn't metal but it isn't just plastic either?

Old 04-17-2009, 01:19 AM   #23

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You're right-it's "long strand glass filled polymer". It weighs about 2/3 what the alloy 1 weighs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugermike View Post
Yes Neil I do. Please find out exactly what is is made of? It isn't polymer plastic I assure you
You call it "plain" plastic which it is not! Yes it isn't metal but it isn't just plastic either?