Colt .22 M4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Colt .22 M4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Colt .22 M4

I just bought a Colt .22 M4 and so far I'm pretty impressed. I'm just curious on your guys opinion about it. And also what are some good websites for accessories for my gun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #2

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylernilson_
I just bought a Colt .22 M4 and so far I'm pretty impressed. I'm just curious on your guys opinion about it. And also what are some good websites for accessories for my gun.
First off, Congratulations!!

Any new firearms purchase is worth a congrats and high 5 at minimum.

What kind of accessories are you looking for.
Sky is the limit with an AR type of setup.

Having a EOTech XP2 for my AR, I think I would get the rim fire version for any tactical .22, the XP2RF.

If money is an issue, a lot of Chinese knockoffs will work fine for a .22 that would not hold up on centerfires.

Now a question for you. What made you choose the Colt over the Mossberg 715T or the highly touted S&W M&P 15-22 ?

Old 10-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #3

I saw the mossberg at the store and it just seemed like it was poorly designed and cheap. I wanted something durable for my first gun. I didn't really look at the S&W but I looked at the comparison online and it was make out of mostly polymer. No thanks. I would want something in my opinion that I know feels strong. But for accessories mainly I want I red dot scope and I didn't know if you only have to buy the standard magazines for this weapon because that's ill I'm seeing online

Old 10-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5688 Times on 2972 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Colt mags is it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #5

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylernilson_
I saw the mossberg at the store and it just seemed like it was poorly designed and cheap. I wanted something durable for my first gun. I didn't really look at the S&W but I looked at the comparison online and it was make out of mostly polymer. No thanks. I would want something in my opinion that I know feels strong. But for accessories mainly I want I red dot scope and I didn't know if you only have to buy the standard magazines for this weapon because that's ill I'm seeing online
Pandawill makes an aimpoint knockoff that pretty great. It just won't hold up to 100's of rounds of centerfire, but it would be great for a .22

Less than $50

Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #6

Liked 74 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Mueller makes a fine looking "Eotec" type sight for around $90, and Mueller has lots of good reviews.
Center Point also has some good Red Dot Scopes for between $40 to $90.
Bushnell has some great little Red Dots in the TRS-25($99), a new--just come out TRS-32($129) and an Acog looking one for around $170. I have a TRS-32 on my AR15 and it's doing great.
Del