Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Colt .22 M4 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/colt-22-m4-73481/)

tylernilson_ 10-01-2012 05:32 AM

Colt .22 M4

I just bought a Colt .22 M4 and so far I'm pretty impressed. I'm just curious on your guys opinion about it. And also what are some good websites for accessories for my gun.

mudpupp 10-01-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylernilson_
I just bought a Colt .22 M4 and so far I'm pretty impressed. I'm just curious on your guys opinion about it. And also what are some good websites for accessories for my gun.

First off, Congratulations!!

Any new firearms purchase is worth a congrats and high 5 at minimum.

What kind of accessories are you looking for.
Sky is the limit with an AR type of setup.

Having a EOTech XP2 for my AR, I think I would get the rim fire version for any tactical .22, the XP2RF.

If money is an issue, a lot of Chinese knockoffs will work fine for a .22 that would not hold up on centerfires.

Now a question for you. What made you choose the Colt over the Mossberg 715T or the highly touted S&W M&P 15-22 ?

tylernilson_ 10-01-2012 01:12 PM

I saw the mossberg at the store and it just seemed like it was poorly designed and cheap. I wanted something durable for my first gun. I didn't really look at the S&W but I looked at the comparison online and it was make out of mostly polymer. No thanks. I would want something in my opinion that I know feels strong. But for accessories mainly I want I red dot scope and I didn't know if you only have to buy the standard magazines for this weapon because that's ill I'm seeing online

JonM 10-01-2012 01:45 PM

Colt mags is it.

mudpupp 10-01-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylernilson_
I saw the mossberg at the store and it just seemed like it was poorly designed and cheap. I wanted something durable for my first gun. I didn't really look at the S&W but I looked at the comparison online and it was make out of mostly polymer. No thanks. I would want something in my opinion that I know feels strong. But for accessories mainly I want I red dot scope and I didn't know if you only have to buy the standard magazines for this weapon because that's ill I'm seeing online

Pandawill makes an aimpoint knockoff that pretty great. It just won't hold up to 100's of rounds of centerfire, but it would be great for a .22

Less than $50

Triumphman 10-02-2012 05:03 PM

Mueller makes a fine looking "Eotec" type sight for around $90, and Mueller has lots of good reviews.
Center Point also has some good Red Dot Scopes for between $40 to $90.
Bushnell has some great little Red Dots in the TRS-25($99), a new--just come out TRS-32($129) and an Acog looking one for around $170. I have a TRS-32 on my AR15 and it's doing great.
Del