Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Co witness in a M&P 15-22? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/co-witness-m-p-15-22-a-89191/)

jmadera 04-20-2013 04:31 AM

Co witness in a M&P 15-22?

Just buy my first 22lr rifle, S&W M&P 15-22 with Iron Sights (A2 type)!

Just knowing the important aspect to learn to use the sights in a new gun a question just pop in my mind...

Can I get a scope for plinking to 50 to 100 yards with my A2 sights installed? :confused:

Its worth to spend some money on folding sights and a scope to be able to co-witnes? :rolleyes:

Any one in this forum already do that?

Any comment will be appreciated!

Thanks!

dan01 04-21-2013 03:14 AM

You may be able to find a cheap Red Dot scope that will work with the sights you have......Getting the red dot up level with the front blade and back peep is the problem........A magnifying type scope won't work.

jonathan louis 04-21-2013 07:14 PM

One of the scopes i use on my mp-15-22 is a burris fullfield 2 2x7x35/ with a bdc retical. It good for both close and ranges out to 200 yards, i use this scope @ 22 tactical matches in mesa az . I would also try a vortex diamondback 2x7 with bdc. I think you will like it. And the prices are good @swfa
have fun and remember aim small and miss small

Kdub 04-21-2013 07:24 PM

I'm not sure the purpose of cowitnessing a scope. It can be done with a red dot. I have a cheap red dot on mine with a small riser. My magpul buis cowitness perfect. You could do it with a front post but the front sight will probably always be in your field of vision as it doesnt fold flat.

jonathan louis 04-22-2013 02:35 AM

Doing it with a red dot and the front sight will work great.

jmborge 04-22-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmadera
Just buy my first 22lr rifle, S&W M&P 15-22 with Iron Sights (A2 type)!

Just knowing the important aspect to learn to use the sights in a new gun a question just pop in my mind...

Can I get a scope for plinking to 50 to 100 yards with my A2 sights installed? :confused:

Its worth to spend some money on folding sights and a scope to be able to co-witnes? :rolleyes:

Any one in this forum already do that?

Any comment will be appreciated!

Thanks!

I put the Magpul flip up sites on all three of my 15-22s. I mounted Bushnell TRS-25 red dots on them. They perfectly co-witness using a medium profile riser (#RS08S3). You'll need flip up sites, if you want to mount a scope close to your barrel.

jmadera 05-26-2013 03:29 AM

Any thing that I like was in Back Order so I put down $100 on a Vortex Combo (UTG red dot, flip up Iron Sights & .05 raiser) just for fun and try the co witness concept...

WOW, I am impress!

Easy to install and get zero thru the front sight with adjustable red & green dot in 5 minutes out of the box and by the way in my door in just a few days! Thanks Eliud...

For plinking in a 15-22 and for 100 dollars who need more?

Hope to get a TRS-25 soon and compare!