Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Christmas Gift 10/22 for my son. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/christmas-gift-10-22-my-son-53393/)

Rick1967 12-11-2011 08:34 PM

Christmas Gift 10/22 for my son.

My son kind of took over my 10/22 a few years back. I had a cheezy butler creek folding stock on it as well as a bipod I took off of a paintball gun. He really enjoys shooting it and is quite good. I decided to do some upgrades for him for Christmas. I am in a much better situation financially then I was. I got him the Archangel stock assembly with the bayonet and the six position butt stock. I added a BSA Red Dot with 4 different reticle options. I also gave him my rear pop up sight from my AR as well as a pop up front sight tht goes on the front rail. I put a forward grip and a new bipod on it too. I just need to find flashlight to put on it. He is home right now. But later when he goes to his friends house I will dig it out and take a pic. He is 13. He asked for a bunch of different things for Christmas. But I did the rifle on my own. It is killing me wainting another two weeks to give it to him. I also cant go to the range until Christmas because I am afraid he will want to go with me. I have already done the work. It is hidden in the safe behind my AR and my SKS along with a bunch of other rifles.

spittinfire 12-11-2011 08:39 PM

Sounds like an outstanding Christmas gift. Can we get any picks?

Rick1967 12-11-2011 08:49 PM

I will tryto post one later. He is hoe right now. I dont want to get caught with it. Any body know a good flashlight mount for the mini mag lights or something like that? The thing has picatinny ralis all over it. Pretty cool...the bayonet actually fits the lug on my AR. It is supossed to take any AR 15 accessories. So far it is doing it.

Rick1967 12-11-2011 09:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
He is playing video games. So I snuck out to the garage and took a couple pics.

I think that is one cool looking 10/22.

fupuk 12-11-2011 09:19 PM

Looks badass... I to can't wait to give my son his rifle on Christmas. I got him a digital camouflage 10/22. But my sons only 7 and want to see if he likes shooting.

CourtJester 12-11-2011 09:23 PM

You will have to have a camera ready to snap a picture of his face the second he realizes what is under that wrapping paper, and post it up. That kid's going to be tickled to death. You're about to get your "Dad of the year" pin.

spittinfire 12-12-2011 01:34 AM

That is an awesome 10/22!!

jpattersonnh 12-12-2011 10:26 AM

He will be very happy!!

pblackerby3 12-12-2011 12:21 PM

That looks very well done. I'm reworking a remington 511 22lr for my 30 year old daughter to teach her to shoot in the hopes that she
uses that same gun to teach my 6 year old grandson when he shows the interest and responsibility to handle a rifle. I learned on a single
shot 22lr and got my first sharpshooter cert from the NRA sponsored training course at the local armory at 12. (1969) The rifle was
purchased at a yard sale here in Tampa about a month ago.( Is that even legal) I refinished the stock and I trying to learn how to reblue
the barrel. Remington barrel codes say the barrel was made in 1924 but thier website says the gun was not made untill 1934. (Barell stamped RR)
Anyways, I hope your son enjoys his Cristmas, and you enjoy his enjoyment. These are the times we rember.

Rick1967 12-12-2011 03:29 PM

I am thinking about having it set up on the dining room table on Christmas morning. I showed him the sight on the internet and told him it was for my AR. He liked it. I bet he wont even notice it's not my AR until I point it out to him.