Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Chipmunk .22 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/chipmunk-22-a-11896/)

kcpanages 03-16-2009 04:30 AM

Chipmunk .22
 
Has anyone one had dealings with the "chipmunk". im looking at them for both of my girls. any help would be nice.

Rogue Rifle Company’s "Chipmunk" Youth Rifles

cpttango30 03-16-2009 04:42 AM

They are not the same as they used to be. I have an old one that is from Rogue and of much better quality than the ones out now the cricketts. I would look on gunbroker flor the older ones. If not them then I would go with the savage youth models.

Rogue Rifles inc. has closed its doors a long time ago. It is now made by Keystone rifles inc out of PA. Not as good in the quality department but many more and different models to choose from. http://www.crickett.com/

M14sRock 03-16-2009 04:45 AM

Great little rifles, and very well made.

I have a Chipmonk and a Marlin 15Y and my 9 1/2 year old daughter is getting to be big enough that she prefers the Marlin's size. Plus I let her paint the Marlin. Ha.

The Marlin makes a better "older" rifle, possibly.

How old are your girls?

kcpanages 03-16-2009 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M14sRock (Post 82843)
Great little rifles, and very well made.

I have a Chipmonk and a Marlin 15Y and my 9 1/2 year old daughter is getting to be big enough that she prefers the Marlin's size. Plus I let her paint the Marlin. Ha.

The Marlin makes a better "older" rifle, possibly.

How old are your girls?


my girls are 5 and 6 this spring. they shoot my 597 but i have to help them hold it. they already know how to look through the scope and put the x-hairs on what they want to hit. i dont want to spend much on a learner rifle as they dont know the importance of gun care yet. i want something they can scratch up, and bang up and i wont get so upset.............

sgtdeath66 03-16-2009 05:15 AM

i just let my 5 yr old hold the 10/22 stock today that im gunna mod for my 597 and it was too big for her to hold. but i guess if she was sitting down it would work for her. im gunna be in the market for a gun for her too hopefully sometime this year so when you make a descision let me know so i can get an idea what to look for;)

kcpanages 03-16-2009 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 (Post 82853)
i just let my 5 yr old hold the 10/22 stock today that im gunna mod for my 597 and it was too big for her to hold. but i guess if she was sitting down it would work for her. im gunna be in the market for a gun for her too hopefully sometime this year so when you make a descision let me know so i can get an idea what to look for;)

Ive played with the cricket. I liked it for a young kid.... i thought it was a chipmunk, but its not. i believe i will be getting the crick for the girl's birthdays this summer

big shrek 03-16-2009 06:39 AM

nothing better than picking up an old Marlin at a pawn shop for $65-100 and shortening the stock/restaining it pink/whatever for a daughter/wife :)

The accuracy of Marlin Micro-Groove barrels combined with reliability & low prices make them the most effective & inexpensive way to arm your family with good starter rifles.

I'd rather cut down an old Model 99/Model 60/etc than cough up hundreds for something less reliable.

Not to mention that getting a brand new stock from Numrich for after they grow up is CHEAP!!

kcpanages 03-16-2009 07:09 AM

the older they get they can just use my guns. i just want a starter so they dont beat and bang up my nice rifles

cpttango30 03-16-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpanages (Post 82868)
the older they get they can just use my guns. i just want a starter so they dont beat and bang up my nice rifles

I would forgo the Chipmunk. Get them the crickett and call it a day. They come in PINK as well that should make your girls very happy. the pink limanit is much better looking than the pink plastic.

kcpanages 03-16-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 82898)
I would forgo the Chipmunk. Get them the crickett and call it a day. They come in PINK as well that should make your girls very happy. the pink limanit is much better looking than the pink plastic.

i like the pink............ Cricket it is


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:36 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.