CCI Stinger a no-no for 10/22 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > CCI Stinger a no-no for 10/22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just another reason I like a Marlin 60 better, it's happy to eat whatever I feed it.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:29 AM   #22
SoL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

i used stingers when i first started shooting, and my first few kills were with stingers, but I also switched to the velocitors for the accuracy.
I've since switch to subsonic entirely with the LRs and am using CCI Conical Ball which seem to do well as we were having problems with standard CCI subs not having any knockdown power. whatever that conical ball stuff means they sure are doing better in that respect. would be grateful if someone could explain the exact meanings of my conical balls.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:29 PM   #23

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Note: besides the case being slightly longer you might also think of the recoil as the Stinger will beat most stock recoil buffers to death and possibly break the stock. If you 10-22 has been beefed up then no problem but most stock buffers won't last long. I have a Henry survival and shot them and the stock broke Henry replaced the stock but said the survival will shoot them But didn't recommend a steady diet of them.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:52 AM   #24

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

ive fired hundreds of stingers through my 10-22 without any problems.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #25

Liked 62 Times on 36 Posts

If you read further on down in the thread, you'll see that I realized that what I read was referring to the 10/22 "Target" barrel. Thanks for the feedback, all.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My manual for my 10-22 rifle from 2007 on page 15.
Warns that the Stinger fired cartridge can stick in tighter chambers found in the 10-22 TARGET RIFLE.
DO NOT USE "STINGER" AMMUNITION IN 10-22 TARGET RIFLES.
It does NOT restrict Stinger use in regular 10-22's. However, they might slow extraction but only one would have to try them to be sure.
The manual DOES NOT restrict hyper velocity ammo except for the stinger target rifle statement.

montveil in the NC mountains
Salute
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #27

Liked 62 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by montveil View Post
My manual for my 10-22 rifle from 2007 on page 15.
Warns that the Stinger fired cartridge can stick in tighter chambers found in the 10-22 TARGET RIFLE.
DO NOT USE "STINGER" AMMUNITION IN 10-22 TARGET RIFLES.
It does NOT restrict Stinger use in regular 10-22's. However, they might slow extraction but only one would have to try them to be sure.
The manual DOES NOT restrict hyper velocity ammo except for the stinger target rifle statement.
uhh...yeah...I think I just said that in my last post, no?

Old 08-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sorry, for the repeat

montveil in the NC mountains
Salute
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.