CCI shotshells
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > CCI shotshells

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CCI shotshells

Is it ok to fire cci shotshells thru my Marlin 60? One shot at a time of course. I have some trash varmits that I want to keep out of my yard.

Last edited by patriotjoe; 08-16-2009 at 01:16 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2009, 01:28 AM   #2

I've never used the shotshells, so I'll wait for Tango to chime in.
What kind are roaming your yard? I'm not sure on your ammo situation, whether theres a selection or not, but what I've used to kill annoying varmits are Hollow Points. Usually a 1 shot does the trick, but I'm always ready for a follow up shot. I've noticed they are considerably more expensive, as CCI is, but I purchased 50rds of HP's for under $2 at walmart.

S.S.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:38 AM   #3

My neighbors Pitt Bulls. I don't want to kill them. I just want them to stay out of my yard. Short of shooting them to kill them I want to scare them from coming into my yard.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #4

Well shooting them with a 22 will only get you sued.

S.S.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:41 AM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If you want to scare them, rent a lion! A .22 shot shell will not frighten them, might just Pi$$ them off, along with their owner. Call Animal Control and lodge a complaint every time you spot them running loose. You will, of course, still have to deal with the owner.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:46 AM   #6

Supposedly the shot shells work best out of revolvers and rifles a distant second. Won't really throw back the slide on a semi auto though. Also I read a lot of complaints that they're only good to about 15' but best under 10' The Quick-Shok is supposedly better at further range and considerably cheaper. Just not enough mass to do much at any real distance. But if you can get really close they supposedly make carnage of whatever flesh they hit with little to no property damage.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:50 AM   #7

Default I'll take care of it

Nobody will figure out how. I was just asking if the CCI shotshells could be shot thru a rifle. I don't want to take a chance on messing up the rifling.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #8

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It will fowl the rifling, but that is why you clean your gun, right? I have fired shot shell through my .22 rifle but as Kain stated the effective range is within 5 - 10 feet.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:02 AM   #9

Also, depending on where you live you may be within your rights to kill the dogs. As they are an "agressive" breed. If they're on your property and not on a leash, they're considered dangerous. Just tell the cops it was attacking you... You'll have angry neighbors but maybe next time they'll keep better track of their dogs.

In which case, do it humanely and use a hollow point for a clean kill, the shotshells would be a slow, nasty death, probably of infection.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #10

Default Thanks for all the responces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Also, depending on where you live you may be within your rights to kill the dogs. As they are an "agressive" breed. If they're on your property and not on a leash, they're considered dangerous. Just tell the cops it was attacking you... You'll have angry neighbors but maybe next time they'll keep better track of their dogs.

In which case, do it humanely and use a hollow point for a clean kill, the shotshells would be a slow, nasty death, probably of infection.
I will take care of my problem as humanely possible. Thanks guys.